XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

That’s funny

Wasn’t the last one £50 or something? I looked at it and was blown away how expensive it was.

Last gen had Xbox looking like Stadia. Now, people take notice. Happy to see that, but head scratching on the “priority” from dev. Can’t help but think the dev who tend to skip Xbox be like “The hell? Why they care for some box?” Not just them, but any dev today.

He makes a fantastic point if you read the thread. Xbox doesn’t market its own first party stuff well. Hell I remember when grounded release date was announced and people were yelling at xbox when they didn’t say anything about it. im not sure they would have if people didnt bring it up to them on social media

7 Likes

I agree with every point made, but I really don’t care how companies market. The only thing less interesting to me is sales talk :doge:

4 Likes

Link to twitter https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1585711998532464641

I was told that if Microsoft does not do something it is because it is ineffective or doesn’t fit their goals. Guess promoting their own games is included in that :man_shrugging:

I guess they want “earned” reputation or whatever it is called. They promoted Persona more than their own games for the last couple of years :joy:

Also that “beat” that Klob is talking about, reminds me of my talking point that Xbox often does not tweet the games they promote across their own accounts.

2 Likes

Can you stop entirely misconstruing the intent of what others have said on that topic already simply because it doesn’t align with your thoughts?

I was going to say he was overreacting but then I saw the views.

ouf.

3 Likes

76k is actually not bad for Xbox channel.

Though I don’t understand Xbox channel from time to time. It quite often ignores a lot of trailers.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I think MS should dead ass go to talk to Youtube/Google about it’s algorithm woes on Youtube.

There’s no reason why a Forspoken video that got released 4 hours ago on the Playstation channel should be getting more views than a legitimate first party game trailer that released 2 days ago.

3 Likes

And we are back to marketing.

1 Like

This marketing discussion should be part of this thread :

4 Likes

Aside Youtube of Playstation being bigger, Playstation promoted it on twitter. And unlike Xbox, I don’t think it is split between Xbox, Xbox Game Pass twitter and so on.

1 Like

We’re live in just over 3 hours!

2 Likes

I understand where it comes from but I can’t be bothered about it 24/7 like some seem to. And I specifically think marketing “concerns” are premature sometimes, most of the time.

7 Likes

Interesting games in Free Play Days for now until Monday.

• Thymesia

• Ghostrunner

• Dolmen @Mort :stuck_out_tongue:

• Dead By Daylight (it’s on GP though…)

2 Likes

Also Bethesda Softworks has its own YouTube channel so there might be a split

1 Like

So Callisto Protocol is banned in Japan for violence? But their anime, manga can go really crazy in terms of that.

Not to mention other shit that just goes way too far at times.