XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

Playstation showcases are usually also announced as Playstation showcases

6 Likes

Halo Reach is asking for the title back.

4 Likes

Going off what I hear, a good part of this is limited based on what versions the developers have available for review. Usualy the PC version is available before consoles as they take longer, because of the certification stages that PC lacks. Then it comes down to how stringent the different consoles may be. Sometimes itā€™s quicker to cert on PS and sometimes itā€™s not.

I do agree with this

And this looks good imo

4 Likes

Letā€™s hope their voice is heard since they are working on new dashboard and recently, admit they have feedback that has them work double time.

2 Likes

a recent update 9 days ago improved lumen performance by 200% ( the dev that said this works for Ninja Theory ).

2 Likes

According to one twitter person they ignored all the feedback. But itā€™s Twitter, who even knows if thatā€™s true.

I donā€™t understand the need for this huge blank space for most of the screen.

They can always add option to hide all icons, but I see no point in having so much space allocated to the background.

10 Likes

It gives it a nice clean look though. Being able to hide icons would be better than nothing, but personally Iā€™d like it this clean.

Personally I hate how completely devoid of anything useful the proposed screens are.

Itā€™s why I said they should have the screensaver mode that auto-kicks in after a set amount of time being idle, like say 15-30 seconds (user selectable).

6 Likes

I donā€™t really care about the dashboard so Iā€™m not bothered whatever they do

But I donā€™t see the point of these backgrounds if you can actually see them

I choose functionality over a clean look any day of the week. I already bump icons off the front screen on the regular, I really hope they donā€™t implement a dashboard with even fewer icons visible.

But I understand thereā€™s two completely opposing camps on this, so the best move would be to be able to customize how many icon rows we want. Maybe have one of them only include the icons you choose to pin there, and the other be dynamic the way it is now.

Well, I use the xbox green background because it is green just like xbox logo :joy: And all my time in dashboard is launching Forza Horizon and checking the download queue (where you canā€™t see the background anyway) :joy:

2 Likes

Something like what Klob made is basically the same functionality of the current home screen but looks cleaner

He has five game/app icons. The current one has seven. Thatā€™s quite a big reduction, and would make it more cumbersome to use.

3 Likes

Honestly, I donā€™t care about that at all. I spend like 3 seconds on the dashboard before I launch a game. Function over style.

While i do agree. I think habing background show is cool. Proper themes are great tooā€¦and hell id LOVE sound too. Imagine music playing while on dashboard as well linked to a theme. Would be great

My current background is persona 5. Would kove the subtle bar music while on the dashboard and using any apps that isnt a game

I donā€™t really get why Playstation fans get so excited about a game being exclusive. When a game is announced as exclusive for Xbox it means (to me) that it is probably going to Gamepass and Iā€™ll get it for ā€˜freeā€™. But a game going to Playstation exclusively provides no benefit at all over it being multi-platformā€¦ except they wonā€™t have to know Xbox has higher resolution perhaps.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s an interesting input because when you get Xbox exclusive, Game Pass gain. When itā€™s other, well save $70 and hope itā€™s good.

Cus console wars, they donā€™t actually care about playing these games, itā€™s all about list wars