XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

I had a quick skim and didn’t see this addressed: is this the kind of thing that could be mitigated by stuff like DLSS?

Damn, maybe I should have gone Youtube job…

4 Likes

Didn’t see it either.

1 Like
2 Likes

These guys brought us two of the best games ever, I wish them all the luck in their next endeavours.

Wonder when we’re gonna get an update on Suicide Squad.

1 Like

We have Team Yennifer and Team Triss, but only the ones who played Witcher 1 will truly know that Team Shani is the best.

I truly hope that they expand the story of Alvin(Jacques) so that Gerald actually realize who he his. I still think it’s a great plot twist and you only got the confirmation in Witcher 3 from a random book.

1 Like

For the two years since it first released, Genshin Impact has been console exclusive to PlayStation, with a new report saying Xbox failed to reach a deal with developer MiHoYo while it was still in development.

An anonymous source quoted by Reuters claims that Xbox spoke to MiHoYo (now HoYoverse) when Genshin Impact was early in development but didn’t reach a deal, something Microsoft now has regrets about. Another source claims that this experience is driving Microsoft’s current search to recruit Chinese developers.

Microsoft is still hoping to net its own Genshin Impact, according to the Reuters report, with the effort involving a brand-new team who will scout for promising games from Chinese developers.

Gamespot says Ms passed on it, but really, we don’t know at all everything that transpired.

1 Like

I hope devs just opt for severeal modes. 30 and 60 would be fine for me. 40 is no magic trick and feels worse than 60 as you would expect. But yeah its better than 30.

Feels like karma for calling Series S a potato unless I got the story mixed up.

Always a good sign, forced gaas and coop that the devs probably didn’t want is my guess.

Are we going to get websites and forum posts about how Suicide Squad must be irreparable and in a bad place now and the studio is in shambles?

5 Likes

Pc gamers are weird.

There is decent “not-Genshin” games MS could invest in. Like Tower of Fantasy or Wuthering Waves. Or even Mihoyo’s two next games. I do hope MS is prepared to accept that the trajectory of “Genshin Killers” tends to be like this though:

The articles are still unclear if Sony actually locked the game down or not too, if not, then just get the real thing. The lack of the Switch version is suspect though, but Mihoyo keep’s insisting that “it’s coming”

I mean…horrible time to release it. Plus these games are a lot older than god of war 2018 and horizon so more people probably played them already

Sure it is.

It could very well be that larger titles are being moneyhatted and select titles are either on an “anything but Xbox” deal or allowed to be multiplatform on a case by case basis. Just because Xbox gets smaller stuff like Diofield and stuff that SE aren’t even marketing like Star Ocean doesn’t mean Sony aren’t actively paying to stop SE games coming to Xbox.

In fact, we know Sony are intentionally creating doubt here - making a narrative that if you’re a fan of say, Final Fantasy, you’re just safer buying PlayStation.

Letting Xbox scrubs have the Crisis Core remake, a prequel to a PlayStation console exclusive, only serves to highlight the point further.

I know you don’t want people giving up on SE, but they are in a pretty unique position for a large third party publisher when it comes to Xbox. I don’t see why anyone should support their disdain towards us for our platform of choice, when there’s publishers like SEGA who deserve it far more.

Overpriced, no marketing and not the best release timing

and while there is plenty of overlap in the games PC and console players are interested in, some games just don’t always appeal to PC gamers, Gears 5 also did terribly on steam

Not to mention Uncharted just isn’t very good

:running_man:

Not reaching a deal =/= passed on it, the fact they were willing to talk to MS about bringing it to xbox and still years later it’s not there is extremely weird and reeks of a moneyhat

Can’t recommend playing TW2 enough, while you wait. Top tier game and the best story in the trilogy, plus it already looks amazing on Xbox at 4k.

5 Likes

I don’t even think the situation is that mysterious, other than the inconsistency of it. A lot of these teams aren’t that big and JRPGs sell better on Playstation and on Switch. That’s all there really is to it, these platforms are just in a stronger position for Japanese games right now.

This doesn’t mean that there won’t be Xbox titles from Square Enix next year. This time last year there was only 1 Square Enix title due for release on Xbox in 2022, and we’ve since had 4 more announced. I think it’s a reasonable assumption we could still end up with multiple releases on Xbox despite the current lack.

1 Like