XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

I just like how MW 2 theme color is ‘Green’ this year

Wink Wink

2 Likes

One of the reviews for 8.25 was basically praising the game yet it got that score wth??.

Nintendo games outside of Zelda and Mario get shafted tbh.

8.25 is bad?

5 Likes

Their Nintendo output seems consistently good. With Babylon, I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that Square Enix had a hand in making that game release in the state it did.

We’re yet to see how good, or bad, one of their self-published games ends up being. I guess whatever Project GG is will set that standard.

I don’t think scores work the way you think they do lmao. That is a good score.

5 Likes

If 2 shadow drops tonight i am dropping everything to play that. Classic game from my formative years. Fingers crossed.

That’s definitely a fair criticism, but I’ve seen a lot of negativity towards Platinum as of late - “they haven’t had a good game since X” and what not, it’s nice to be reminded that despite some stumbles they do still have the capacity to make great games. I just wonder how they can resolve the issues that lead to games like Babylon’s Fall or fumbles like what happened with Scalebound - and whether or not these issues could be resolved with an acquisition that helps them make the games they want to make with more consistent funding.

I think this perhaps reflects the hardware more than the engine, Bayonetta 3 is targeting 60FPS on the NIntendo Switch after all.

Babylon’sFailure was not a looker either. Even Nier did not look that spectacular at all.

Fair point, I didn’t think about their recent releases on other platforms.

Not bad but, the review doesn’t match the score imo.

1 Like

When AoE event starts?

An hour and a half from now

I assume you’re talking about the Game Informer review? It’s the only 8.25 I see listed on OpenCritic. It’s not that positive of a review. It’s pretty negative on the story and some specific missions seemed to be a miss for the reviewer. Maybe if you only read the final paragraph it might seem harsh.

Hopefully it’s an error. Otherwise, better play all games or else they’ll disappear before you know it, literally.

Finished Plague Tale and thoroughly enjoyed it, don’t really get the overstaying its welcome that some are saying. I thought the length, structure and overall story were great but its also probably the bleakest game ive played in a long time.

Should be interesting to see where they take the story next, if they make a third game, especially with that final cutscene.

Asobo are such a talented studio, to produce this and MSFS. They’re definitely turning into one of my favourite studios.

6 Likes

It was one thing I liked that they had and wished Game Pass took from. GP could at least extend its leaving notice to 3-4 weeks prior.

11 Likes
4 Likes

lol, snap!

Age of Empires 2 and 4 coming to Xbox next year. 2 will be out on January 2023, so we start the year with its long-running franchise. Make sense to me.

Wow, we’ll be eating good for first half.

5 Likes