XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

I’ve been watching youtube videos about building home theater rooms and I’m realizing how poor I am, lol. My mind is now racing with ideas I know my wife will shoot down. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

that is why i’m going the plex/jellyfin route with a NAS

1 Like

I actually have a pretty decent setup at the moment running plex through my home server, but I’m talking more about dedicated theater seating, screen, projector and all sorts of sound proofing and speakers that will annoy the neighbors. :smile:

1 Like

Even with that as the feeder, you still have the costs of the equipment – screen or main display, the speakers, and the audio video receiver. Finally there is whatever comfy furniture to sit in too.

1 Like

I personally dislike the Harry Potter universe, but the game looks pretty great so far. I won’t play it, but I’m glad I used it as a (belated) Christmas gift to a family member who loves the books. Ryan McCaffrey gives the combat a lot of praise in this video.

2 Likes

Have been seeing reports about how MS console sales wise didn’t do too great during the holidays, even with the discounts. Is it anything to be concerned about, or is this just because of the lack of truly big first party titles last year and it will likely improve once the big titles start dropping?

I don’t see xbox going anywhere. If this is the gen we make up the goodwill, it’ll be the cloud gaming that’s xbox into the future. Don’t worry.

5 Likes

True, the future will be cloud but I can see that still being a far away thing. I really want physical consoles to stick around for a long time, especially so Xbox since that is my main. I just want to see them doing really good.

2 Likes

Let’s save the “is Xbox doomed?” discourse until after the Developer_Direct please. :smile:

16 Likes

It’s nothing to be concerned and it won’t go anywhere. If there is a way, it’s up.

1 Like
5 Likes

Game is looking really good and it Harry so it will be massive no matter what.

2 Likes

Swimming an climbing is nothing new to open world rpgs, so I don’t understand the appeal for those things in specific.

Well this game is officially dead for then.

Is that true? i need more proof

Only because they didn’t name the country at war, but they already stated that they are against it. People are too preachy. Think as opposite version of Blizzard and Hong Kong.

I think the show ws good even if all the games were not for me what they did show and how they showed it was great, this is how it should be going forward

6 Likes

HI FI Rush looks like my jam! Looks like it would be right at home on the Dreamcast. More of that please! Also I LOVED this format. They definitely need to go with this from now on. Damn good showing!

10 Likes

I am really happy with the show.

All the games looked amazing, especially Hi-Fi Rush and Redfall for me.

I hope they stick with this format, it is really difficult to make it better.

1 Like