XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

PlayStation Advantage™

4 Likes

Sony will get a pass and be praised for it, Just watch.

2 Likes

Anything Sony touched that isn’t theirs dies!

2 Likes

This reminds me a lot of Devils Third, Itagakis last game on WiiU.

3 Likes

So yeah game pass family plan for sure is coming very soon lol

Got this booting up the GP app on PC in Aus, it’s good to know that they’re not gonna skip Aus with it.

11 Likes

Can’t wait to see this new revision selling out for 700e and not having a fuckin’ drive. I’ll bet the disc drive will cost around 150 euros or more…I will be very surprised if it’s below 150e. :phil_lmao:

IIRC part of the Valhalla Studios that made Devil’s Third is working on this one.

1 Like

Makes you appreciate how well they knocked the XSX/XSS design out of the park.

2 Likes

DD might be the day to announce.

Key highlights:

• Hitman 3 overperformed against expectations in its first year
  • Hitman 3 continues to sell well in its second year so far, thanks to the releases on Steam and Game Pass
  • Revenue was higher than expected thanks to a content deal with Microsoft for Game Pass, which included a minimum guarantee and a performance bonus

Looking ahead

• FY23 revenue expected somewhere between DKK 450m and 500m, with expected profits before tax somewhere between DKK 250m and 300m.
  • Management expects big drops in revenue and profit in FY24 and FY25, due to lack of releases.
  • IO Interactive aims to diversify its product line-up through new platforms, namely mobile gaming, and publishing opportunities for the games of other studios.

IOI doing strong these last few years, GP helped Hitman 3 too

Based on what they’ve said, Project Dragon isn’t coming anytime soon which I think most of us expected anyway

10 Likes

Game Pass help not end them? That can’t be right!

1 Like

I am starting to believe that the AA/smaller AAA games (if that is even a thing) can be “saved” from Game Pass, seeing how disappointing the TCP sales were for example and how much metacritic scores can affect the traditional business model (enter High on Life here as an opposite example) for those games Game Pass can be an alternative way to be find success.

Hilarious news to wake up to :rofl:. Not even the first time a Nintendo account accidentally posted swears either :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Well…I mean Ash is retiring soon so might as well do something…weird. Lol.

2 Likes

I imagine people would have been much less harsh on TCP if it was on a service like GP, £70 for something a lot of people found a disappointment isn’t going to end well and it’s clear the bad word of mouth was going to kill it’s legs

I don’t think it would have saved TCP compared to say, High on Life as I feel HoL was underrated by critics while TCP kinda scored what it deserved although that’s subjective but if so, there’s only so much GP can do, if people find a game mediocre or bad then GP isn’t going to help that much

I think GP will only truly help games that havn’t had much exposure and/or are genuinely good

Except High on Life did not launch broken or was aiming to “kill” anybody. While TCP was treated like the second coming of Dead Space, heavily promoted, had Sony developers behind it (elevating hype) and as a cherry on the top it launched broken on Xbox.

5 Likes

It’s like the Simpsons episode where the people laughed at the comet because they had a solution, only to fail later on. Case in point, people started to laugh at Dead Space Remake as if we don’t want it anymore. Now you read comment like “Help us Dead Space.” People are funny.

FYI: DBZ Kakarot update is here. Just downloaded and got Series version.

3 Likes

Since TCP is a divisive game Game Pass could’ve helped. It’s not a mediocre or a bad game by any means. If you look at the reviews HoL looks like a “mediocre” game too and I bet if the game wasn’t on GP then it’s success wouldn’t be that huge, GP makes reviews irrelevant and is a safety net in the case of failing to meet expectations sales wise (see Tinykin for example).

Well that escalated quickly…I guess I shouldn’t brought up TCP as an example. :stuck_out_tongue:

I said that it could’ve helped, not that it could turn out to be a High on Life level of success. Either way we’ll see how Wo Long will do in a few months, I think GP will help it.

And throw in a comment regarding Game Pass…

With Game Pass I think it could go either way - people would have been ok with some technical issues and it would have translated into better sales because after trying people could have known that the game was playable even with issues on Xbox (a lot of times people just assumed that the game was not playable and ignored it) or even told friends to buy on PS. Or it could have cratered sales as people would have had a bad experience on Xbox and decided not to buy a game. Now we won’t know as TCP won’t be coming to Game Pass any time soon anyway due to PS marketing.

With Wo Long it might help - especially if the game is good and gets a good word of mouth.

I hope they can get this done well in the end. The exploration looks great, and there seems to be a lot of stuff to do. I so want a good, fun pirate game.

2 Likes