XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

I was on the PTR subreddit and lots of people are saying its “blurry” or “grainy” .

Bloody hell. Is this game on old gen too? Might have to boot up the One X to get a clear picture lol.

Where the hell are the damn reviews for Plagues tale?? Its coming out tomorrow…theres 0 reviews. Why such a late embargo?

Blurry because of 30fps and when you rotate the camera it’s blurry or is it like the character models, objects, textures etc are blurry?

It’s current gen only. Sadly we can’t move to the good old One X this time.

3 Likes

Damn.

30fps + motion blur + chromatic aberration. Best to disable motion blur and chromatic aberration

2 Likes

I have never understood why devs even put in CA. I’ve never seen the benefit of it. I always turn it off.

I don’t understand the complaints, I’ve played a couple hours and it looked fine to me. I guess it’s me not panning the camera around crazy like it’s a fps shooter and I’m doing more slow panning movements, but yeah it looks fine and runs fine to my eyes.

It’s the same situation as 30fps with FH5 for me which didn’t feel bad at 30fps.

2 Likes

aesthetic

Only good use I saw for it was in Life is Strange and it fits that game.

3 Likes

Would you say it’s similar to Innocence on One X? I thought the 30fps was fine there and this was right after having played 60fps games on XSX. Some games are fine with 30fps. Witcher 3 for me is, RDR2 absolutely is, but others are a horrible stuttery mess like AC Valhalla.

Never played it, but for me it looks great and doesn’t feel bad at all. I’m on the every game should have a 60fps mode but this is playable for sure at 30fps and I think it’s because it seems super stable and it’s not a twitch shooter.

2 Likes

Do you game on an OLED? People in the comment section of that video told me that OLED owners won’t be happy. I’ve had OLED for many years now, doubt it will be a problem now.

if plague tale really is 30 fps im going to be very upset

2 Likes

Considering that they are openly promoting COD benefits while arguing that ABK deal will allow Xbox to do the same, I don’t think they care :sweat_smile:

But I thought in reveal and gameplay trailers it looked fine?

2 Likes

Yeah LG B7, not exactly sure what they’re on about tbh, again to me it looks great. The only think I can think of is these issues happen later in the game.

3 Likes

Plague tale is on game pass pc, right? Should be able to get decent FPS on that hopefully

Ill wait for the 60 fps patch . Probably gonna be one later on .

I can see this happening for Starfield too. At some point it will be finished and I don’t think they will delay it further just to make 60fps happen. We shall see though.

Not that I’m gonna wait, as soon as that badboy releases it’s time to visit space.

Reviews go live at 2pm EST for A Plague Tale Requiem.

If you have Game Pass, it’s not going anywhere. Even better, no.