XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

11 Likes

I heavily dislike Schreier, but agree with his sentiment.

2 Likes

It’s not hard to look critically at his views

Schrier has been a shithead since before he got into games journalism, but I believe in his integrity. You can dislike the dude without calling his professionalism into question.

5 Likes

We can do without calling people names that are in the industry, please. Disagreeing/disliking is fine but we can try and keep the language more friendly overall.

6 Likes

Interesting. Not sure if this means that it’s also sold better than the Series S which was as low as $199 some places, that’ll be a surprise

2 Likes

He doesn’t need to be pro-Xbox, just not hypocritical and unfair, and when questioned about it, he said that he doesn’t have to be fair to big companies or something like that lol

3 Likes

Holy crap. Was it CDPR themselves that is making this or was it another studio? Because Jesus, Witcher 4 and all the other announced stuff.

Another studio [Fool’s Theory] with supervision from CDPR. I think CDPR are expanding to be a full-on publisher soon

1 Like

We Witcher fans are gonna be eating like kings this console generation and the next. Holy crap.

2 Likes

I think Series S had neat discounts in Europe mainly and MSFT sent more Series X to USA. I wonder if Microsoft’s tactic in Europe at this point is that if they cannot fight market share then we will sell Series S there as a companion console to each Playstation person.

1 Like
4 Likes

26GB patch. I guess it now makes sense, the review embargo.

2 Likes
17 Likes

Really can’t wait for the new DLC. Guessing i’ll be back on the Witcher until it drops.

2 Likes

I can’t believe Phil has the audacity to scribble his signature over those Xbox’s, who does he think he is?

You know if ya know

17 Likes

He’s just a damn cool guy.

1 Like

CDPR already is a publisher aren’t they?

2 Likes

Following up on this in case anyone has a similar question: It arrived today, and setting it up was generally a breeze. Got PlexKodiConnect working perfectly, and was able to get Xbox remote play and Cloud Streaming working by sideloading APKs. Pretty impressed so far, aside from one annoying issue.

Pressing the Xbox button on an Xbox controller takes you home. The Android TV home. So if you’re remote playing and you need to access anything outside of the currently running game… you’re out of luck.

That aside, it works decently well on a 1080p TV via Wi-Fi 5. I might fiddle with the Xbplay app later to see if I can cloud stream in 1080p instead of 720p.

Edit: I have fiddled with the Xbplay app. Frankly, it’s not a very pretty app, but it works great and the games look better. Gonna be using this from now on, and there’s no need to sideload random old APKs.

I was also able to get around the Xbox home button issue: I don’t really use Netflix, so I wanted to remap the dedicated button on the remote. I managed to do that using this app, and it also let me disable the “single press to go home” function for the Xbox button. I was able to remap the Share button to the Xbox button, so now I can access the guide and such, and accidentally pressing the Xbox button doesn’t kick me back to the Android TV home screen.

4 Likes

Oh man, I forgot about the “controversy” of that lol

1 Like