XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

8 Likes

The fog’s rolling in. Seems Konami is running a viral marketing campaign on my area :face_in_clouds:

10 Likes

Nah that’s just global warming /s

*Jaded western fanbase.

9 Likes

From what I’ve heard, most of the adoration for Silent Hill comes from how advanced and complex 2 and to a lesser extent 3 were. To supplement that, PT was cool, had big names attached to it, and was untimely killed. Much easier to imagine a perfect game that wasn’t than to reckon with a good game that was.

(I say from what I’ve heard because on the one occasion I tried to play Silent Hill 2, I crapped myself with terror before even encountering a single enemy and stopped playing :sweat_smile:)

7 Likes

now sony can compete better against xbox with the silent hill 2 exclusivity

1 Like

Discord on Xbox is getting way better

8 Likes

Okay this is getting really funny. Next you’re gonna lift up a toilet seat at a fast food place and find Persona 5 Royal Game Pass under the lid

7 Likes

I cant remember the last time iv seen xbox market a game this hard

3 Likes

Any idea when reviews hit for Gotham Knoghts and New Tales from Borderlands?

Gotham Knights is tomorrow, don’t know about Borderlands

2 Likes

Question for those who know tech stuff…

When developing a game, does the development studio build their game around the highest spec console/PC and then downscale accordingly or do they start with the lowest spec and scale upward? Thanks.

I’m not a game developer, but would have to guess it’s most often somewhere in the middle (likely based on console target spec or reasonable mid range for GPU), which would likely allow you to scale both up and down.

If they were designed around the highest end hardware then the games on top end PCs would probably be doing much more than easy things like running at high frame rates or without higher detail models.

3 Likes

Iv read they usually develop for a lead platform and go from there. In most cases last gen it was ps4. Capcom has stated this gen main platform is going to be pc so it differs per developer I guess. I’d be curious if Xbox has series x or s or even pc as main platform. I’d assume series x

1 Like

Wow this Discord stuff is legit on Xbox now, you can see all your servers and join easily I just tested it. This pretty much is a native discord voice channel selection on console. Exactly what we all were asking for, amazing how quick this was. All we need now is a native text app which I’d expect would probably be not worth it trying to type on the controller is a bit much but I am just happy voice chat on Discord is now native.

3 Likes

Might be a dumb question, but I recently switched my Xbox to energy saver mode and have storage left on when the console is off as I believe someone mentioned this was the best way to do things. Since then, my Xbox seems to be turning itself on around 3-4x/day. Of course, I only notice when I’m here but I have no clue if it’ll shut itself off, if it’s updating, etc. as the times I’ve caught it and turned on my tv to se what was up, the Xbox wasn’t doing anything other than being on.

Any idea what the issue is or what’s going on?

Xbox has a new Captures app for game clips

1 Like

Last gen PS4 was the target hardware that games built around for the most part and that basically covered for XB1 as well with some scaling down, this generation it’s not clear yet. I can see games target PS5/XSX and then scale down for SS and up on PC, and I can see others target SS and then scale up for XSX/PS5/PC.