XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

Just saw that Star Ocean is $15 off on Amazon Canada. Doesn’t seem like US Amazon has a deal though. Not sure if I’ll grab or not. Only Playstation got a digital sale for it sadly.

And yes Amazon made a typo on the title :sob:

1 Like

PSVR2 reminds me of Vita. Almost no 1st party support announced and none from Playstations big studios.

This thread gave me almost an anxiety attack, all too real.

Just make sure you buy the same version if you want to use your save game. i think on Xbox the Goty edition and the normal Game Pass edition are not compatible.

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. Not everyone is going to like every game but at the same time, im sure people know what they prefer, like and enjoy the most. This is why I don’t play souls games for example. They’re not for me. I don’t like them so why would I play them? Everyone should play what they know they’re going to like and enjoy.

This I can completely understand and agree with. I love most of Sony’s first party games to completion but yeah, they’re the current generation version of Ubisoft’s last generation formula and template. The only difference is that Sony’s games normally have the better story and characters than Ubisoft games.

Any opinions on Little Noah: Scion of Paradise? Looks neat and on sale, looking for a cozy, mind off progression game.

It was $25 earlier on GameStop.ca. Doubt they were going to honour it though.

Ah, I bought that immediately after seeing it on that one Nintendo Direct lol. Was very worth it! The presentation is very nice, like a mobile/gacha game but without the nastiness of emptying your wallet (there is no gacha element, was just comparing the “feel” of the presentation). Combat is really good and satisfying, and on Hard mode (which I started on) it was decently tough. Exploration is also pretty relaxed, you can fast travel to all rooms you’ve been on on the floor to easily get to rooms you haven’t been to yet. As you keep playing you’ll keep unlocking new types of rooms to encounter.

Every time you die, you get currency to buy additional permanent upgrades, and can unlock costumes with various effects. You can also complete achievements to unlock these “equipable” statues and apply further buffs. There’s just a satisfying loop here that Cygames really nailed and like I said I think it comes from their mobile game experience (but again, without the money draining part lol). You’re always unlocking and earning upgrades.

I guess some cons would be, that there isn’t much variety in boss fights. You’ll fight the same ones a lot and it gets boring and predictable. Usually I just saved all my “screen wipe” specials for these so I could get them over with quickly. The game length is also pretty short, I finished it in about 12 hours on Hard, and that’s with me dying a lot. It’s probably more like 8 hours on Normal. Also, I did not feel compelled to keep playing after beating the final boss. There is no extra challenges unlocked afterwards. I did have plenty of upgrades and achievements left to do though, just didn’t feel a reason to get them.

I would recommend it, this game has me pretty excited for Cygames’ future console games.

2 Likes

How did I know you’d be the one to respond? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks for the great, thoughtful, detailed impressions. Very helpful, this is exactly what I was looking for. You rock! I think I’ll buy now, I’ll let you know what I think when I’m done if you’re interested.

2 Likes

I willing to say PS VR 2 is DOA everywhere. maybe over the next 7 years it hits just as much as psvr1 did. thats good I guess

1 Like

Think that is the prevailing consensus: That it will probably be do as well as PSVR1, which I doubt will be enough for Sony judging by their lack of support for it.

1 Like

Thinking about doing the same,it’s an excellent deal imo and there’s a LOT of quality gaming time there.

I am shocked I tell ya, shocked.

How is this shocking when we saw what they had with Destiny and recently Hogwarts

Sony and their 3rd party marketing deals, trying to appear as if the game is console exclusive is some high tier BS. Seriously how is this good for The Callisto Protocol? hiding not only one but two different versions of the game…sometimes I don’t understand how this industry works.

6 Likes

I think it will do better than PSVR1 but PS5 is likely to go on to sell over 100m units, unless PSVR2 is able to sell 10s of millions of units, why would most devs be interested in supporting it when they can just target PS5/XB and save resources?

That’s the major issue with these accessory type things, in order for them to really catch on they need to be almost as successful as the console itself and they never are

1 Like

I am sarcastic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, I guess it works if they are doing that? :man_shrugging: If person follows the game then he would think that it is not available on Xbox unless he searches independently.

Cheap and effective. Don’t need to buy time exclusivity or anything, just promote as if other platform does not exist. And it does not help that developers are not willing to ignore that Playstation exists - too popular platform.

Maybe Microsoft will learn magic like that but probably will stick only to Game Pass deals just like usual. Though I recall even in trailers of games like Minecraft, Sony removes anything remotely referencing Xbox.

ya xbox needs to get more aggressive with the marketing like sony. I hope they start getting more third party exclusives as well. Sony as far as we know has one first party game next year and thats a maybe. its lst of us factions. but they also have 3rd party exclusives and big names in silent hill and ff16 and that forskin game they also have marketing rights on resident evil 4. the marketing they have is much better

3 Likes

Xbox has seriously dropped off from big 3rd party marketing deals, the last really big one was cyberpunk, Sony in the meantime FIFA, COD, any big 3rd person game Sony is always there to associate themselves with the game. Creates a certain perception for games coming to Ps5, even for multiplat games Xbox and PC players are left wondering if they are getting the game.

Sony reinvests so much money into marketing it no surprise ABK alone makes similar amount of profit.

2 Likes

Not to be that guy, but advertising CoD will be enough for Xbox. Why else Sony is begging the universe to save gaming.

5 Likes

ya but your talking years from now since phil said they are going to keep the current deals for past the contract period,