XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

I was going to say he was overreacting but then I saw the views.

ouf.

3 Likes

76k is actually not bad for Xbox channel.

Though I don’t understand Xbox channel from time to time. It quite often ignores a lot of trailers.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I think MS should dead ass go to talk to Youtube/Google about it’s algorithm woes on Youtube.

There’s no reason why a Forspoken video that got released 4 hours ago on the Playstation channel should be getting more views than a legitimate first party game trailer that released 2 days ago.

3 Likes

And we are back to marketing.

1 Like

This marketing discussion should be part of this thread :

4 Likes

Aside Youtube of Playstation being bigger, Playstation promoted it on twitter. And unlike Xbox, I don’t think it is split between Xbox, Xbox Game Pass twitter and so on.

1 Like

We’re live in just over 3 hours!

2 Likes

I understand where it comes from but I can’t be bothered about it 24/7 like some seem to. And I specifically think marketing “concerns” are premature sometimes, most of the time.

7 Likes

Interesting games in Free Play Days for now until Monday.

• Thymesia

• Ghostrunner

• Dolmen @Mort :stuck_out_tongue:

• Dead By Daylight (it’s on GP though…)

2 Likes

Also Bethesda Softworks has its own YouTube channel so there might be a split

1 Like

So Callisto Protocol is banned in Japan for violence? But their anime, manga can go really crazy in terms of that.

Not to mention other shit that just goes way too far at times.

Despite being released directly on Game Pass, I didn’t think Persona 5 would be popular on XBOX. But the game is having great engagement.

1 Like

They’ve actually been pushing back hard on the violence in things lately. It was a lot rougher about 10 years ago.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it? It is a very stylish game that got a heavy promotion and also well known.

That Rythian guy was not exactly a reliable source was he? Because I just saw this tweet. He’s also the only “source” that says this. Website Exputer calls him a industry analyst, is he at all? Lol

Well you have to remember, it’s “banned” because of CERO, the Japanese “ESRB”, who is extremely strict. Anime and manga obviously don’t have to pass through CERO.

It affects JP developers too. Resident Evil is very censored in Japan and the Nioh games don’t have decapitations in the JP versions

Two things CERO has “zero tolerance” polices for: Dismemberment, and bare nudity.

By the way, “banned” is not quite the right word. You can still import a foreign version from Amazon Japan no problem, CERO just refused to rate it, which means it can’t release in Japan, but isn’t “banned”.

1 Like

Like it or not, JRPG is not a popular genre on the platform. But I think Microsoft’s unusually strong promotion on top of the franchise’s launch on XBOX helped a lot.

no he’s not

1 Like

I feel like Kojima is no stranger to exaggaration lol. Might be truely something revolutionary but I’m not gonna hold my breath.

1 Like