XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Kojima should sue . fuck these racist assholes .

1 Like

https://twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/status/1545751079685484544?s=20&t=uCMMj6qWQTsUnd0L0000WA

9 Likes

That would be very nice.

1 Like

damn . That was fast . Good shit .

I’m a little surprised that people didn’t compare with Elon Musk to Xbox like they can say, “Microsoft is going to cancel their agreement as well!.” I know it’s a different scope and story, but you know how people can be these days (sadly).

Avowed close as in mid to late 2023. I don’t think anyone expected that to release so close to Starfield and Redfall.

As for Contraband, I could swear Jez or another insider said that there was some kind of setback and Contraband was no longer planned for this year. Something like that.

But that last bit is what we tell ourselves every year now and I’d love for it to be true but I do think it’s not gonna happen if Xbox repeats next year what they did last June, solely covering the next twelve months.

Unless they really have a ton of stuff from their studios coming in those next twelve months, I guess it could work then. But this would likely STILL mean nothing on Fable. And for those cases I would make the show so that it still has some further out stuff too.

I think a lot of people just accepted that the deal won’t fail.

1 Like

Next year’s show would cover til mid 2024, they should have a fair amount to show.

I feel you, I’m just choosing to be optimistic. I don’t think they’ll repeat the “12 month” cap type of show again.

I think their hand got forced when everything basically went to shit for them in terms of output of first party games this year.

1 Like

It will be their modus operandi ongoing.

1 Like

I disagree but we’ll see what happens next year.

It was Grubb who said that Avalanche is behind the schedule.

It is possible that we won’t have anything on Fable on the next E3. Maybe even nothing on Everwild.

I think they will and it will be the path they will go forward with

They will have far too many studios to fit into one big E3 style consumer-length showcases. Thats without the 3rd party partnerships for GamePass inclusion too. It becomes natural solution to focus on just next 12 months to limit the event runtime down.

3 Likes

The 12 thing just makes too much sense, I just think they did it a year earlier than they should have. That’s something you start when ur pipeline is already strong lol.

5 Likes

They’ll probably do it for their own personal show but I don’t think they’ll do it at E3.

We’re back at “next year!” and “just wait!” allready huh.

1 Like

H1 2023 looking pretty stacked lol

“XXXX is looking pretty stacked” is another classic! :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not a problem if they have more than one show a year. With ABK joining the family soon it’s just going to be way too much for one show. And if not in the big showcase, maybe have some stuff that is further out than twelve months for other streams.

1 Like

One thing I don’t really understand is why some of the Podcaster get so upset about them referring to the next 12 months, or fiscal year, as opposed to calendar year.

What ultimately matters is how long from today am I going to be playing a game and January 2023 ain’t that different from December 2022. Seems so arbitrary to focus on it.

2 Likes