XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

You mean a normal state for the Xbox community, one of concern and self loathing.

1 Like

Regarding Gamescon, I personally donā€™t expect anything interesting there. The best I hope, Xbox wonā€™t show the same trailers and I think last time they did some trebuchet video there, so please donā€™t do that this time.

No, thatā€™s hardcore community. The thing is unlike Sony community, Xbox community is splintered.

Okay, this week has beenā€¦bizarre. Elon Musk is terminating his deal with Twitter. Soā€¦

Yay???

2 Likes

That man is an trainwreck of epic proportions.

11 Likes

Twitter remains independent and Musk not only looks a jackass but is going to have to pay them a hefty amount for his jackassery. Sounds like a win win to me.

5 Likes

I would like updates on High on Life, but really, I donā€™t expect anything of note at all. Iā€™d welcome it though!

This.

1 Like

I think its more down to forza being a racing game as well. But having games like rachet in the nominations was laughable. Without the graphics thats a bang average platformer.

Not expecting anything major at Gamescom from Microsoft. Probably just a few updated trailer and interviews. Maybe a release date for Redfall but even this is unlikely.

Itā€™ll be a new color controller. sigh

Xbox is not going to have their own event right? Just part of the main show. Probably going to talk about the trebuchet again lol

2 Likes

Getting a very Digimon vibe from this and what I would want Digimon survive to be.

Considering how many theyā€™ve shown already this past Spring, that would be hilarious.

End.

orā€¦ they were just ā€˜fake-concernsā€™ because most of Destin viewers are on the PS-side.

2 Likes

Is it happening or not?

showing 4 AAA games releasing in the next twelve months ( starfield, forza motosport, redfall, ARA) and 4 smaller titles releasing in the next 12 months (grounded, pentiment, minecraft legends, as dusk falls) along with the announcement of a new kojima project + a ton of gamepass games coming in the next twelve months has me wondering why people think the show was mediocre or that xbox had to show more.

of course, itā€™s disappointing that redfall and starfield got delayed out of the year but nothing ms showed was going to solve that, so i donā€™t get how the show was underwhelming.

2 Likes

A lot of Xbox hardcode folks wanted Xbox to show something, that could be used in the list wars. It has always been about that. I personally engage in it too though depending on the mood.

Some folks wanted to see the next gen showcase but Starfield under-delivered (visually and framerate), FM is a racing game (so people discount it), Redfall did not look great and ARA is a strategy. Obviously it is a conjecture, but it is undeniable that for example Starfield did not blow a lot of people away (probably because we had NMS before, thus it is kinda lowered expectations). We also should include that Sony folks contributed to disparage of Starfield (partially at least).

What people essentially wanted is for Xbox to show something, thus Twitter folks would do then - ā€œEat it, Playstation!ā€ :joy:

Granted it applies not for every person, but still.

wow glad I dont need to participate in it must be exhausting :slight_smile:

3 Likes