XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Was it you who was raving about The Eternal Cylinder or something like that? I remember regretting missing it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes sir, that was me. I really liked that demo and what it was about. Haven’t bought it though, was hoping for Game Pass. Back log too big, figured it can wait. :slight_smile:

Did TGA last year have demos too? There was some real good stuff there too.

1 Like

SCORN

Scorn is an atmospheric first-person horror adventure game set in a nightmarish universe of odd forms and somber tapestry.

It is designed around the idea of “being thrown into the world”. Isolated and lost inside this dream-like world, you will explore different interconnected regions in a non-linear fashion. The unsettling environment is a character itself.

Every location contains its own theme (story), puzzles and characters that are integral in creating a cohesive world. Throughout the game you will open up new areas, acquire different skill sets, weapons, various items and try to comprehend the sights presented to you.

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

Cohesive “lived-in” world - Scorn takes place in an open-ended world with different interconnected regions. Each region is a maze-like structure with various rooms and paths to discover. All the storytelling happens in-game, with no cut-scenes to distract you from the grisly reality of the living, breathing world you’re in. But keep your eyes open - the game won’t show you any sympathy if you miss something important on your uneasy travels. Everything has a reason and purpose - you just need to work out what it is.

Yoo this just got so interesting for me. Alien x Metroid Prime vibes from what I’m reading. But I don’t know if I can do horror anymore :sob:

6 Likes

Oh man I hope this game turns out to be great. Its been a looooooong time coming. Years ago announced for PC and now we’re here. Atmosphere is damn strong in the videos.

I find it funny that both Dragon’s Dogma 10 years and FF7R 25 anniversary streams are on the same date.

Feels like a tense and stressful atmosphere.

1 Like

And time.

Me trying to watch both at the same time:

3 Likes

Anyway fuck Square Enix, stan Capcom and Dragon’s Dogma 2 instead:

17 Likes

Way ahead of you on that. Guaranteed to be a way better game too.

1 Like

Probably still quite a ways off but it’s nice to see it confirmed at least.

1 Like

Who knew Atlus became baby face first than Square.

So… where are the new Game Pass titles announcement?

Has to be tomorrow then.

1 Like

I don’t play or care for any Square-Enix games, but at this point they are giving the middle finger to the majority of Xbox fans that have been asking for FF7R for quite some time. I’ve just hope Crisis Core flop hard on Xbox and Xbox fans give back to them the middle finger as well.

5 Likes

:fu: :fu:

It’s rare to see an independent company so uninterested in getting money from such a big part of their potential customer base. Even making sure to piss them off, lol.

8 Likes

Giving us the scraps so they can fund their big stuff… clearly they don’t care about us.

And they had the audacity to tweet this last year, lmao:

https://twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/1460323999334948867

10 Likes

Haha, wtf. Yeah… right.

Honestly for me the news of Dragon’s Dogma 2 being in development pretty much overides any FF games coming over. No way in hell i was buying Crisis Core. Wasn’t good on PSP why would it be good now? I would love if Xbox got the marketing rights for DD2 and it ended up on Gamepass like Monster Hunter World did , except day one.

4 Likes
1 Like