XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Just one month for the next goty contender :slight_smile:

Which game is that?

Ah, Xenoblade 3 :slight_smile:

Or I think it isā€¦

1 Like

Didnā€™t know that Unity was not in a great spot. Also crazy that they were 55b market cap and now at 12b.

Sounds interesting. New video from Destin.

1 Like

I know the news was announced earlier but I want to ask. Is there a PS version? The third one that is. If not, well, what a world weā€™re in. Do like how those guys in the video made a big deal for coming to Xbox. Also this:

8 Likes

I try to look and so for the third one seems to have been announced only on Switch, beside Xbox now.

1 Like

Baffling that they were ever worth that much.

1 Like

If it does, I highly recommend it. Itā€™s a lite souls type game in regards to the combat but no penalty when dying. Had a few minor negatives for the game but overall, a great 8.5/10 and my 4th best game of 2021. Hoping for a sequel!!

I will be playing Requiem on Game Pass as well. Will be buying Steel Rising which is only available digitally in NA but for $60, includes their post launch expansion. Evil West will be bought on disc and looking forward to it. The Callisto Protocol will be day one but I havenā€™t decided if im buying it on disc or digital. Depends on what the post launch content will be.

Didnā€™t know that Ember Lab was already working on a new PS5 exclusive. Nice!!! Hoping itā€™s a sequel to Kena!!

Really hoping Sony acquires Ember Lab as I would love to see what they can do with a $100m+ AAA budget.

Agreed. If Kena ever releases on Xbox or if you ever get a PS5/PS4, I recommend playing it. Such a great game.

Mario & Rabbids in October, Skull & Bones possibly in November so does that mean Avatar will be in December??? Surprised that Ubisoft hasnā€™t shown Avatar gameplay yet when itā€™s supposed to be this winter. Damn Ubi!!!

I would prefer this generation to end in November 2026 and for there to be no mid-gen refreshes but I believe that there will be mid-gen consoles and the generation lasts to November 2028.

It seems that if Microsoft canā€™t get the game on Game Pass day one, they pass on it. I wouldnā€™t have any issues with Microsoft getting a few timed/full exclusives that arenā€™t on Game Pass day one but look like Kena, The Ascent, etc. and are my type of game because they would be a day one purchase for me.

Agreed. The open world in Halo Infinite wasnā€™t really needed in my opinion. All the collectibles were meh but I did like the FOBā€™s and the targets that you have to go after and kill. Story/characters and story missions easily made up for it though.

First party exclusives are huge at least for me. They are the number one reason why I buy a console. If the console/platform doesnā€™t have any exclusives that im interested in playing, I donā€™t buy it.

Iā€™m a single player gamer that loves the action adventure games but thankfully, I own both a Series X and a PS5 but if I was somehow to only be able to buy one, it would have been a PS5 simply because thereā€™s a far greater chance of me getting games that I prefer from Sony than I would from Microsoft.

I like FPS and RPGā€™s but theyā€™re secondary genres for me. They tend to have more negatives for me than the third person action adventure games that I prefer. I still play a decent amount of them though.

I have a lot of games on my list from Microsoft that I want to play but I do wish they could give me at least one third person action adventure game a year. That would be awesome. Thus far, I have Hellblade 2, Indiana Jones (im fully expecting 3rd person), Gears 6 (even though itā€™s more of a shooter than action adventure but still, im throwing it in there) and possibly Compulsionā€™s game. Third person single player action adventure from them sounds great but I have to see exactly what it is first.

This is why I will always own both Xbox and PlayStation because in all honesty, im not expecting either to give me everything that I want and prefer. Thatā€™s just not going to happen.

Yeah, theyā€™re supposedly working on a Star Wars FPS game. Iā€™m still hoping for Titanfall 3 at some point before this generation ends.

Are you saying that Microsoft should acquire Ubisoft next??? If so, I agree 100%!!! :joy:

Just so you know, Microsoft acquired Obsidian and InXile in November 2018. It was announced at their XO event by Matt Booty if I remember correctly. Great info and list by the way!!! Iā€™m looking forward to games from almost every studio you listed.

Same. I canā€™t believe that Ubisoft fucked this up. They have the freaking blueprint in Black Flag and Rogue!!! UGH.

I was expecting an announcement for a State of Play featuring only God of War Ragnarok. Similar to what Sony has done with Horizon Forbidden West and others. I still believe itā€™s November but im hoping for March 2023.

Yeah, I was hoping that snitch would be right. Heā€™s like 4 for 4 or some shit.

2 Likes

Peterā€¦ dudeā€¦ :smile:

Was hoping for Snitch to be right because it would be awesome to have an ā€œinsiderā€ whoā€™s never wrong. lol. Oh well.

I was just giving you shit for replying to a dozen posts at once. :smile:

2 Likes

This looks very nice. Iā€™m especially fond of the fact that they got rid of the grid, you can freely move around now, lots of side activities. Very cool!

1 Like

Oh. Hahaha. Better than me replying with 12 separate posts. lol

3 Likes

Lol, a day after, ā€œAzure does what Megaman donā€™tā€

2 Likes

That canā€™t be real! What!?

Funny Inti-Creates developed Megaman Zero

1 Like

Oops, youā€™re right. I donā€™t know why I had it in my mind that it was 2019.

1 Like