XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

2 Likes

The difference is that Bethesda worlds can exist without player’s interference. Sometimes literally quest giving characters die while you are not looking. You can even do nothing and something in the world may change.

Ubisoft open worlds have always been theme parks where nothing happens when player is not looking. They don’t even try to pretend that there is any life in those worlds.

I was extremely impressed with Watch_Dogs 2’s game world and the NPCs in it. I took a stroll around San Francisco and I saw pedestrians walking around with their eyes glued to the phone screens, I saw couples walking around, talking. I saw another couple arguing and it ended with the woman kicking his car. I saw people washing their car, street musicians, people pulling the bush man prank, I saw people getting married in the park, folks just sitting in the park in the grass with their dog, chilling and I can go on.

I do miss that Ubi.

2 Likes

This isn’t true.

1 Like

Nothing NPC does affects the world. I never said that NPCs suddenly freeze and stop moving when player is not watching.

Sony seems to be partnering with Valorant for their peripherals. Interesting that these days Microsoft and Sony are doing similar partnerships but in their strong areas. As if they are following each other (Sony probably more).

No they don’t lol. Why did you just make that up?

Some great choices there! LAD and Psychonauts 2 are both amazing.

Continuing the trend! :partying_face:

• 2018 - Hollow Knight (runner up - Celeste)
  • 2019 - Sekiro (runner up - REmake 2)
  • 2020 - DOOM Eternal (runner up - Ori 2)
  • 2021 - Metroid Dread (runner up - Halo Infinite)
  • 2022 - Elden Ring (runner up - Tunic)
2 Likes

Not sure what you are disagree with. In Ubisoft games NPC are just the railroad units.

AC Odyssey’s, Origin’s and Ghost Recon Wildlands are fantastic open world’s.

Far Cry 5 however is not so good Breakpoint is awful :frowning:

3 Likes

This seems like a pretty big deal

19 Likes

Watch Dog 2 San Francisco is great.

Speaking of Watch Dogs , did they ever fix that bug in Legion that ruined your progress whenever you tried to save a game and go back to the title screen? I stopped playing not even halfway into the game because of it and last i checked (which was a while ago) it was still an issue.

Oh for sure.

I don’t easily say something does details and stuff better than Rockstar but WD2 did those things definitely better than GTA 5. There were some cool things with NPCs in GTA 5 but it was not like that.

I kept walking around in SF and the new behaviours by pedestrians just wouldn’t stop.

Man if Ubi had only enhanced the game at least for One X.

1 Like

Agreed, I really hate that Watchdogs 2 doesn’t get the upgrade experience it deserves.

1 Like

Watch Dogs 2014 for me is still the best game in the series. Watch Dogs 2 looked better and San Francisco was a great location but the music, story and characters completely killed the game for me. Legion has a good base line story and antagonist but is completely wasted by not having a single lone protagonist. Legion’s gameplay is also limited because of the game wanting you to use various characters as your protagonist.

3 Likes

Not a whole lot of demos of SGF I find all that great, but BROK the InvestiGator is definitely worth it. It’s coming this year and I think I’ll buy it.

Very cool cartoony style, point and click adventure mixed with choices, detective work (similar to Sherlock games) and beat em up elements. Very cool!

3 Likes

Creative Assembly’s FPS finally revealed, Hyenas:

Not what I expected, I thought it would be more of a realistic futuristic FPS, but it could still be fun. It’s supposedly a “zero-G” team-based shooter, so that could be interesting. It’s from the Alien: Isolation/Halo Wars 2 team and they’ve put a good amount of time into it, so I have high hopes.

6 Likes

Not what I was hoping for. lol

3 Likes