XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Let’s not even get into those sort of reductionist takes.

3 Likes

It was among the games that was said to be releasing in the next twelve months back at E3, but yeah, where is it? A proper reveal during TGS would make a lot of sense. Or XO (if there is one this year) but it really remains to be seen.

At this moment I can see it being pushed away further.

Koei said there will be a trial/beta test like with the Nioh games soon (“in the near future”).

https://mobile.twitter.com/WoLongOfficial/status/1552751918853799936

Was only recently posted.

I should also add there was no gameplay trailer for Nioh 2 at all when they suddenly dropped the Alpha Trial for that.

By the way, does anyone else think that “Day 1 on Game Pass” should be mandated into the marketing for this game? I will find it funny if only Xbox related marketing will mention Game Pass…

2 Likes

I think they wanted publishing but TN preferred to be multiplatform due to the incredible growth and success of FromSoft and the subgenre at large, and ended with a Game Pass deal, which is kinda like funding part of development essentially.

The trailer on the KT channel has Game Pass among the platforms

I think it is probably because they don’t want to make (for example) Playstation folks to think that the game is Xbox or GP exclusive or something. Or for example tank the sales. Are there japanese games that even have a heavy Xbox marketing? Was Scarlett Nexus such game?

I do wonder why they accepted GP deal in the first place. Because Elden Ring did numbers without that. Probably you are right and they did not want to make Xbox exclusive game even if Xbox offered a hefty sum so they agreed on GP deal only.

Scarlet Nexus went full on, yes. Japanese billboards, Japanese train ads, Japanese TV ads, etc were all only mentioning Xbox

And no I don’t think Wo Long was ever intended as exclusive

The game was actually even technically announced almost a year ago, but without a title, on a JP only Koei Tecmo stream

I think they didn’t want an exclusive whatsoever, neither on Xbox nor PS, they already had two PS exclusives and that limited their reach, and seeing FromSoft’s multiplatform success, they probably want to grow similar to that now.

We can only hope Wo Long is better and looks better than Stranger of Paradise.

:phil_lmao:

Sheesh, I don’t know what happened there.

True. At least this gen we won’t have third party moneyhats from Sony due to that (unless you are a brain dead Square Enix) that they did not fund directly. Considering that Xbox does not do third party exclusives anymore, we will just gain more.

That game actually does play pretty well but Square Enix being Square Enix probably didn’t put too much budget towards it and it was probably a B team project in the first place.

Wo Long is the main TN/Nioh team and the producer of Bloodborne. I fully believe in this game.

2 Likes

It has to do with Square. It’s like anything they touch that isn’t their homebrew studios gets nerfed.

I think some directors in Square Enix have too much power.

I just watched the Uncharted movie and what a waste of everyone’s time that thing was. It wasn’t great but it also wasn’t the worst thing I had ever seen… until the last 20 minutes. That stretch of cinema was easily some of the worst written and thought out garbage I’ve ever experienced.

Honestly the whole film felt like they took a script out of a drawer, handed it to a bad writer and said “Hey can ya work Uncharted into this?”. It also didn’t help that 25 year old Nathan Drake sounded like he was still emerging from puberty. What an odd casting choice that was. :smile:

I always felt Uncharted games completely fell apart at the end (except 4), so this seems appropriate?

1 Like

Oh, I have already posted 7k messages here :fire: Guess I post a lot :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Nice initiative:

9 Likes

I thought Bleeding Edge had potential, but I believe they fumbled with their maps and game types. I think if they were to aim more towards smaller arena which would lead to more action would’ve been better move. Also may have needed to simplify controls a bit more. I felt timing of that game was off and probably would’ve been better to release now since market is more open to different type of multiplayer games these days

2 Likes

For me, Bleeding Edge was a discard from Microsoft or Ninja Theory.

23 Likes