XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

OOO spicy

I would say this increases the chance for an XO22.

Guess thatā€™s it for PS4. Considering the size of home console market I guess Xbox One sold around 65m at the end.

5 Likes

Yep, that whole list is Game Pass day one, plus they seem to be targeting more souls-like games recently (Flintlock, Wo Long).

I guess all their showcases will be about Game Pass now. I wonder if that means that no more third party announcements? (Granted these days publishers do that separately by themselves)

They already mostly are.

Why exactly?

Please, please please let this one not turn out to be a error/mistake like weā€™ve had in the past.

*Looks at AOE 4

Glad to see they are setting up expectation accordingly and telling us what we will see at the show right away. I would love to see it ā€œevenā€ if itā€™s just a game pass showā€¦

1 Like

Oh wait, was I getting my hopes up for Elden Ring only for XCloud or Game Pass Ultimate in general?

The tweet says GPU, but a bit unclear if streaming only.

If they are holding booths during Gamescom, and as Microsoft Ignite will be the first in-person event they have done in a while, I could see them going for XO22. Nick said he heard they plan for a X022, but wasnā€™t sure if they would do it because of Covid and so on.

GPU is what you need to access cloud streaming by default

7 Likes

1 Like
9 Likes

My stance is always assume this sort of thing is fake until itā€™s apparent itā€™s real. In that case, expect the worst outcome. Youā€™ll be pleasantly surprised no matter what or youā€™ll get to feel smug that you didnā€™t fall for something :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Pentiment and Benedict Fox at Gamescom is so good to see. Shame Iā€™ll be missing out. I was planning to go, but shame since other stuff went through. Hopefully next year! Hopefully we see some more gameplay footage of all mentioned games.

I think weā€™re for sure gonna get a X022 because they can announce a few things I think might be coming.

1. Beta for Redfall which I think is coming and maybe something else along those lines
  2. Show off the Elite V2 white edition
  3. Announce something on the bigger side either a new partnership, game or studio they bought
  4. Showcase some updates to their service games
  5. Announce more xCloud stuff
  6. Launch Game Pass for family + maybe a new tier
  7. Announce the 007 game
  8. Show something small as a teaser from a studio like The Coalition
  9. Big Game Pass game drop
  10. Announce AoE 4 on Xbox if itā€™s not done at Gamescom

Just to list a few things they might be able to pull off.

For those who forgot what sort of stuff was announced at X019 (me) here is a short summary, damn they announced a lot of stuff.

Summary

Obsidian Tackles the Survival Genre with Grounded

Project xCloud Coming to Windows 10 PCs and New Markets

Rare announces its next New IP Everwild

The Seabound Soul and Fire comes to Sea of Thieves

Save Big on Xbox Consoles, Games, and More this Black Friday

Xbox Game Pass at X019: Announcing New Games and the Ultimate Holiday Offer

Peeling Back the Layers of Bleeding Edge

DONTNOD Narrative in Tell Me Why

Halo: Reach Coming to Halo: The Master Chief Collection on December 3

The Skyā€™s the Limit in New Footage from Microsoft Flight Simulator

The Future of Strategy is Revealed in the First Gameplay Trailer for Age of Empires IV

Taking a Deeper Look at Minecraft Dungeons

Minecraft Earth Celebrates Early Access with Pop Up Events

Explore Wasteland 3ā€™s Post-Apocalyptic World in May 2020

Get Blown Away by the First Glimpse of CrossfireX Gameplay (lol)

Catch the Drift in KartRider: Drift on Xbox One

Final Fantasy Series Joins Xbox Game Pass and Kingdom Hearts Classics Coming to Xbox One

We Feel the Force with an Exclusive Look at Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Enter the Criminal Underworld of the Critically Acclaimed Yakuza Series on Xbox One

Strap in for a New Look at Planet Coaster on Xbox One

Play Around in Purgatory in West of Dead

Build a Village in a Twisted Mirrored Universe in Drake Hollow

Experience a Supernatural Crisis in the Upcoming Anthology Series Last Stop

Embark on a Multidimensional Journey in The Artful Escape

2 Likes

I could see them taking xCloud out of beta and launching a $5/month plan for just streaming. Maybe even unveil that puck TV peripheral for more streaming options?

Please do a V3 with actually good build quality :sob:

Edit: damn, thatā€™s a buttload of announcements. If they do even half that many it would be cool!

1 Like

Nah I donā€™t think itā€™ll leave beta just yet because they can use it as a reason why someone could have poor quality while they are still working on making it even better. I could see them maybe having a streaming only option and Iā€™m not sure about the puck that could be a X023 thing. They could announce more TV partners though like LG and TLC for example.

Haha I really do hope they fix the quality for the V3 but Iā€™m leaning to a 2023 release for that one considering this white version of the V2 has been floating around for a such a long time, it would be weird to announce both in the same year.

Right, I was scrolling down and copying all of it and Iā€™m like wow did they announce a lot, it was like a mini E3. I forgot maybe if the ABK deal goes through they could do something with that then too in Novemberish.