XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

@Staffy

I played a little bit of XYS 7. About 90 minutes. So far so good. No real issues or complaints but im very early in the game. In 90 minutes, only fought a few wolves but I knew going in that this game is very story and cut scene heavy. The beginning is also slow. But I am enjoying it. Just got to where I believe my journey truly starts. Game is very linear which is fine by me with side paths here and there to find treasure chests. There’s also chests that are sometimes hidden/obscured by the foliage which is pretty cool and you can miss them if you’re not paying attention. I like the lead character and story has me interested thus far but again, im very early.

Will post more tomorrow evening after I get several more hours into the game.

Hopefully a home run or trget test type mode down the line. Arcade is a start. Game is barebones as hell

You see… TPS Halo will look and work just fine

I think a third person halo staring lock would be cool. His armor is nice and it would relly make his game diffrent from the rest

1 Like

Thanks for the impressions man. I don’t mind slow beginnings in a game at all, I often like it, gets you into the flow of the story, the game. Witcher 3 had this too, it nicely introduced the characters and story, Batman AA was awesome with this with Batman assisting the people getting Joker into AA.

How is the combat, fun? Also, do we know more about Sword and Fairy for Xbox now? :slight_smile:

Hey everyone.

I decided to make a rather big OT about a certain genre that needs more love on Xbox… JRPGs. I’ve compiled a detailed and expansive list of JRPGs currently available on Xbox, backwards compatible JRPGs, Game Pass JRPGs, and upcoming JRPGs to Xbox

I’ve also highlighted plenty of JRPGs not available on Xbox, and also many personal recommendations.

I don’t know how much use the thread will get (might become my own blog?) but please feel free to use it to talk about any JRPGs you’ve been playing lately (regardless of if it’s on Xbox or not), JRPGs you would like to see on Xbox, screenshots, news, etc.

14 Likes

Options are never bad

1 Like

Lol.

But all jokes aside, I wish guards would actually behave more realistically in some games. Often they have their backs turned to you, they never turn around and you can just kill or sneak past, no challenge. I’d love if guards had unexpected behaviour like getting a phone call or lmao, actually whipping out a handheld.

2 Likes

The problem is that the games would be insanely difficult if the guards were realistic.

2 Likes

True, but there’s a balance they can strike with that. Guards will still turn around but have their behaviour just a little different, just to mix it up a little. But this will always be a problem in games, but it does sometimes bother me a little when things are too easy, when too many liberties are being taken with mechanics in a game.

A Plague Tale definitely is guilty of that when you think about how many super weak chains (to have a huge box drop) there are that can be shot loose with just one slingshot hit. Or other objects that are placed extremely conveniently but don’t make a lot of sense.

1 Like

I think ultimately players want to observe and recognize a pattern and come up with a solution for it. In the end, these are really just puzzles.

7 Likes

It’s true there are not many modes. But it’s a free to play game in beta, so not that I would have expected them to have as much as a full price smash. And I will probably just play online regardless what they put in the game. This is where the fun is for me.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox?source=lp

Looking at the chart, I wonder why GTA5 has two entries? On #3 and #13. What is the difference?

GTA 5 base game and GTA 5 Online.

But doesn’t Online require GTA5 main?

They released a separate application for just the online component recently.

1 Like

Oh, I see. Then I guess GTA5 main are the people that play it originally while GTA Online is the new client.

1 Like

You’re welcome. I would say XYS 7 is slower than Witcher 3 and Batman AA. The pacing is slow and out of those 90 minutes, I would say literally 5 minutes was combat against a few wolves twice and that’s it. Rest was cut scenes, walking, a little exploration, platforming and a puzzle. I will post more later tonight.

Combat though has just started to open up with the menus and whatnot. There are stances in the game. I only have the Ox stance which is basically for stronger attacks. I am playing on easy since I know there’s difficulty spikes on certain bosses in the game and I really don’t want to struggle with an older game.

As for Sword and Fairy, I went through the AMA. They were asked about the Xbox version and they said it’s NOT permanently exclusive to PlayStation but they weren’t ready to talk about it. If I had to guess, it’s probably a year timed exclusive or it could always be that the development team is simply working on this version first and will then port it.

Won’t be playing this until after I complete XYS 7.

1 Like

Today I finished Saints Row the Third Remastered. It was alright I guess. I really liked the first one back on 360, 2 was good too but 3…meh. Customization is fantastic though, always been.

I’m in the mood for more sandbox, so I’m going for a second playthrough of Sleeping Dogs. Man I will always keep saying it, it’s a crime we’ll never get a sequel. I love, love, love this setting, location, the combat, story, music, atmosphere, characters. The only thing I will never love is the driving, just isn’t great.

There really aren’t many games like this in a Asian setting and it’s such a shame really. Imagine if Rockstar were to take on Japan or China with a GTA and the detail of RDR2. Jesus!

Dreams.

Need to grow RGG to a team of 500 and give them 6 years to make a Yakuza game lol