XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

would i still be able to get the trooper pack if i buy Lego Star wars after a week or two after its release or should i just buy it now? Buy LEGO® Star Wars™:The Skywalker Saga Deluxe Edition | Xbox

If this was April fools I wouldn’t pay it any mind…but it’s not. Personally I find this whole thing stupid as fuck, but I guess some of these comments make a point, if this was a scam Sony would have inquired and apparently several Sony people have been liking the tweets by that “studio”?

Watch this be real after all, I guess it’s smart marketing except the Kojima stuff. That kind of nonsense I am not a fan of at all. Because I don’t believe he has anything to do with it. Anyway, the tweets:

I mean, various people like various things. Maybe Sony’s execs found the discussion interesting and so on.

Anyway if it was PR campaign - and Sony indeed bought SH IP from Konami and make Kojima work on VR game for that - it overstayed its welcome. But as they did not announce anything yet, I don’t believe it.

So I’m using the Xbox phone app remote control feature and for whatever reason there’s stupid latency, like actually close to 2 seconds, literally much more latency than game streaming. How and why is that :smiling_face_with_tear: I hate having to use the controller just as a remote control

Me neither, not the Kojima stuff especially. But as for Abandoned and that studio,you DO think it’s a scam, a big nothing or not necessarily?

I did not believe in it originally and I don’t believe still.

3 Likes

I’m considering putting my receiver back in the living room with the two speakers. Question…

When I connect the XSX via HDMI to my receiver, will that result in loss of picture quality at all? Back in the days of NeoGAF I remember people saying this and recommended to use optical cable instead. But XSX doesn’t have optical.

Is this true at all though about some picture quality loss?

Shouldn’t lose picture quality, but you will only get the features of the lowest level HDMI supported in your chain. So if you were using 2.1 on your TV and insert a non-2.1 receiver then you’re losing 2.1 features.

HDMI 2.1 you mean? I should check what my receiver is. It does have things like Atmos and DTSX.

I do however know it doesn’t support 120hz, but I don’t have that enabled most of the time anyway.

If it’s more than a year old it won’t be HDMI 2.1, and even if it is it most likely isn’t. But yeah depends on what features you use.

Would I lose out on VRR too?

I believe so

Yeah then it’s absolutely not worth it at all, VRR is a must. But I can always use the receiver for Netflix TV app. Just not for gaming.

My take is the game/studio etc are real but they are smaller devs who are in over their head

People from Sony liking it makes sense because it’s only on ps5 and quite frrankly I think they are as intrigued as everyone else, plus it was getting a lot of chatter and publicity

Has nothing to do with Kojima though

1 Like

I suspect some at Sony, especially those working with actual indie devs like Yoshida, would prefer the gaming press tear the scam apart so that Sony doesn’t have to do anything about it. That’s why I imagine he would like that tweet referencing the interview.

Good work, gamers.

3 Likes
9 Likes

Good work, gamers parents :wink:

2 Likes

Oh yes! Very nice!

He reviewed the XSX version.