XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

Lets hope

fml

1 Like

It’s not like the head of the ESA was hosting things before. Xbox was already a part of SGF last year.

The animation is absolutely fire but IMO the game itself seems to lack a lot of the original identity of the first one. I have been disappointed with Heart Machine lately, their recent game wasn’t that great especially coming off of HLD, which is easily top 10 games ever for me, but yeah, a massive world multiplayer game and in 3D that doesn’t quite capture the same strong art direction of the first game is a bit sad for me, but it’s still very early in dev, so let’s see how it goes.

1 Like

I am more talking how he hosted the pre show for 2020

Sounds like Grubb hopped on Kinda Funny with Greg Miller and he said he himself of a big Sony acquisition soon.

Saw on OtherERA, didn’t listen myself

We would need the context there, because he could have easily been joking about that too, especially with all the From Soft and Konami rumours lately.

1 Like

Yeah, Grubb’s words are very important

I wonder what acquisition though.

But head of ESA was not actively engaging with Internet community either.

If sony does aquire Konami then eh they get some good IP.
If its Kojima then good for them and him. If its capcom or sega that hurts as an xbox but it is what it is. If its Square well F them anyway. If its from software guess ps5 will be my primary console at that point

e3 is dead and I don’t expect Xbox to come up with a better replacement for a game conference. I think we should start to expect a different future for how games will get shown off.

Less devs want to make game demos

Hype + expectations aren’t healthy for the industry

I expect Xbox to adapt into a State of Play / Nintendo Direct style of conferencing except they’ll do it worse because they have a Gaming Subscription service, most people don’t need to watch gameplay when they can play the game day 1 on Game Pass anyway. They’ll just hype up a game a week before release and millions of their customers will get to play it day 1.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Okami13_/status/1509587493284462596

Here is a little bit of it

nothing sounds concrete. Sounds like they heard that something is comming and my source is trust me bro

4 Likes

Watch it be CDPR.

1 Like

It’s always those two, especially with From. That one is basically ego boost after the reception of Elden Ring.

1 Like

Konami, Kojima, From…Sometimes Square Enix or Capcom.

Sony fanboys said Haven was a “really big” acquisition so that’s my baseline :wink:

4 Likes

That would be hilarious.

1 Like

Big acquisitions don’t leak. Even Bungie was a surprise. Jeff Grubb also heard rumours last year of Xbox buying several studios around E3, but nothing came out of it. There is a difference between hearing rumours and knowing for sure from trusted sources.

9 Likes

Yup. He and Rand heard about acquisitions come E3, but it didn’t happen. Anyway I hope those Konami rumours are true.

1 Like