XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

Ah fair enough, didn’t know about IGN. I remember back in the day we used to say “You can’t spell ignorant without IGN”

Yes

What has happened to Game journalism?

Yeah, I mean we can’t prove it but something tells me none of this would have been done and said if it wasn’t a Xbox exclusive or actually a Sony exclusive.

2 Likes

There’s also quite a bit of disrespect to the great efforts and results that No Man’s Sky team has made to fixing and enhancing that game a lot post its unfortunate launch. The game still gets updates and additions to this day with a thriving community. It’s like all that doesn’t matter and NMS is still mentioned and remembered for the state that it launched in. This is such developer loving journalism isn’t it.

1 Like

Literally this…

3 Likes

Didn’t IGN have someone on their YouTube account talking shit about Xbox having no games during an Xbox stream? people even back then we’re saying it was just someone being silly and people are being crazy for saying they are biased lol

2 Likes

Probably not. There were always open criticism to the way BGS do some things but they were like yeah I hate that they don’t make these things better but their games are still special and we love them regardless, as evident in giving them high reviews scores, awards, and sales.

Some “criticism” towards Starfield I saw is really hostile and very doubting and dismissive, and I want to say that maybe it’s because of FO76 but :doubt: this petting of games and developers against each other I’d say is actually new

1 Like

Lol yeah I remember

We’re on this half way point of Xbox becoming big again as in they won’t be able to just talk shit like this without backlash from a lot of people so they gotta enjoy it while it lasts. The reason why they can get away with it now is because they know their money is in the “other side” so when they say shit like this it doesn’t risk their pockets, you wouldn’t hear this about the very set of people who pay their bills.

Been saying it for a while but these websites are being dumb because surely they know it’s not going to be a beat down generation like last so they are probably burning bridges doing this shit and it seems like MS is gonna own some of the big publishers and studios so yeah GG.

1 Like

Seems MS doesn’t care much like that. There was a time last gen where Jim Sterling was making videos back to back being very directly negative towards MS/Xbox in every way possible but they still sent review codes to them lol

I feel like they realize how big Starfield is going to be and it’s an Xbox console exclusive, some folk don’t like that and are trying their best to FUD as much as they can. In the end it won’t matter, this will be the biggest game next year. Obviously Sony realized it , thats why they were desperate to snatch it up for an exclusive.

I wish i could poke my head into the reality where they succeeded in getting it. I bet articles like the ones from IGN and PC Gamer don’t happen.

1 Like

It’s probably the right way to handle things, the last thing they need is calls of bias and unfairness. Just so you know, Sterling’s pronouns are “they/them” now :smiley:

Spot on, it doesn’t matter what sour grapes mental gymnastics some people go through. Starfield will be a great game, and like you say, they’d probably admit that if it came out on PS5 as well :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Alright. Missed that when I checked their Twitter bio because I expected it to be on the location space like most people do. Thanks.

1 Like

Could it actually happen? Or is it Crisis Core?

2 Likes

all the console colors. Looks to be multiplat. dont give me hope

Posted at the same time lol

I called so many people delusional and fools thinking this would happen, f me if true

1 Like

This dude has 100% correct track record but I still won’t expect this because I don’t trust Square :rofl:

2 Likes

how the hell would they get it on a switch

Man I have no idea if this is referring to Part 1, Part 2, or Crisis Core. God dammit Final Fantasy.

1 Like