XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

I assumed this would happen and I think you’re definitely seeing it in action with some of the headlines we’re seeing for Starfield articles.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Yeah, it’s funny how those of us who claimed this was a thing was often ridiculed in the past.

4 Likes

The good thing is that aside some online communities it does not gain the traction in the real world.

1 Like

This whole no man sky and Starfield comparison is ridiculous. This would be like comparing Forza Horizon to Burnout. Sure both are racers on the arcadey side, but they both aim for a completely different experience.

3 Likes

A lot of people like drama so they’ll keep coming back for more, but that kind of bullshit take puts PC Gamer on my permanent never visit list.

9 Likes

Don’t worry… These same journalist will write ‘Bethesda just keeps selling Starfield in 2030’ articles as well :wink:

3 Likes

You can clearly see the narrative they are trying to push, why they don’t compare Forza Motorsport vs GT7? we know the answer for that.

3 Likes

Yep.

Now that I think about it…Will be interesting to see DF comparison if it happens.

Though I think the battle ground will be ray tracing, where people will try to sell RT replays and compare them with Forza in-game. I think people will convenietly forget that GT does not have car damage and so on.

I just love seeing things that we’ve been saying for years but were dismissed as conspiracy theorists play right before everyone’s eyes.

Apparently, petting games and developers against each other is cool journalism now.

“But think of the developers!!”

3 Likes

Maybe DF do one of those videos, but am not expecting they do one, apparently they have other priorities and don’t have much “time”.

4 Likes

Yeah… lol.

1 Like

I’m interested to see what kind of collaboration and cross-promotions they do for this one. Forza Motorsport always had some cool new ideas for that marketing stuff.

I’m also interested how the platfrom model will be. Forza Motorsport previously had some controversial monetization decisions that admittedly they later fixed/removed, I hope they can launch with a good and well planned model from the get go, this one seems like it’s gonna have long-term support.

Just want to point out that one part of one article written by one dumbass with a history or writing dumbass articles isn’t exactly a smoking gun for “there’s a clear media bias against Xbox”

I don’t even completely disagree, but did I miss a bunch of similar dumbass articles aside from the PC Gamer one?

Would be neat if Pentiment had touch controls.

Both IGN and Gamespot made actual videos comparing Starfield with NMS and tweeted them, getting the exact engagement and clicks that they wanted. And we aren’t saying just this is evidence of media bias, it’s another peice on a mounting evidence

9 Likes

Yep makes total sense

Hope it launches on GP as well!

5 Likes

Wait, that is the legit PC Gamer account?