XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

RetroAchievements

Its been a thing for years and years apparently, I only found out it pretty recently

2 Likes

Cool stuff

It’s been a few years since I was a member on that site and man, it was like 95% PlayStation and 5% Xbox. It was ridiculous. So seeing what it is now is just a surprise because I never would have expected that and I sure as hell wouldn’t have made any bets for that happening.

While im not a hardcore fan, I am a PlayStation fan. The PC stuff they should have done already day one. The multi-player / live service stuff depends on what the games are and who’s making them. If the majority aren’t the main studios, I don’t think majority will care all that much but if they are, then I can see them not being happy whatsoever. Also depends on what the priority is. For example, I know with Microsoft the priority is online co-op and/or multi-player while the single player campaign is secondary. As of now, Sony’s priority has been single player campaigns and when a game does have some kind of multi-player, it’s always been secondary.

For me personally, if I get amazing campaigns like I had in Horizon ZD/FW, Tsushima and many others but they still have a MP component, im not going to care because it’s not where the focus or priority is. Of course, it all remains to be seen but as of now, they’re still doing what I want them to do which is give me amazing single player story driven games.

1 Like

Probably Sony’s focus on GaaS

Probably. I don’t mind live service but it depends on what it is. For example, if you give me the base game and then expansions and whatnot or extra content like Dying Light 2, then it’s fine. Even though it can be played in co-op, the solo experience is still excellent. If it’s MP based like with maps and stuff, then that is simply a no go for me like it is with all games since im not into online gaming.

Probably Sony’s focus on PC game ports too.

3 Likes

They have done many terrible things:

• Backwards compatability - who wants to play old games?

• Games on PC - Muh exclusives!

• Cross-play - We have to think of the children!

• Focus on MP and GaaS - Muh filmic experiences!

• New PS+ - Killing the games industry!

5 Likes

how do you do this?

These gaas games will almost certainly be dependent on online I doubt they’ll be optional multiplayer or even be playable offline. Sony wants multi billion dollar gaas games like Apex, Warzone, etc. Jim Ryan even stated that they expect some games to essentially fail during his investors meeting last week but if a few succeed than it’ll transform the PlayStation business according to Jim Ryan

Yeah, I agree. I’m just hoping that it’s not the primary focus from the main studios I care about. At this point, just have to wait and see what the studios end up doing.

I don’t remember who said it here but Top Gun Maverick is so damn good. Holy crap. About to install Flight Sim.

4 Likes

I keep hearing this focus on pc games. They have 3 pc games and their biggest game isnt even on pc wven tough it would sell more than all 3 of those other games combined on PC. Spiderman.

They’ve said they’re gonna be more aggressive with PC releases and more multiplatform.

Ill believe it when i see it

1 Like

Very cool

2 Likes

Everyone wants a limited edition Series S!

4 Likes

My main question is - how does get get PCSX2 to work outside of dev mode?

Maybe should’ve put #spon at the end :thinking:

Probably like this Gamr13's Repo

basically a private MS Store listing you can only view when you click download from the console’s Edge browser

1 Like