XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

We can get banned for things we say and do outside this forum? :thinking: Not to defend Islamophobia, but that doesnā€™t really sit well with me.

I know, I know, places like this forum should basically be considered private property and people can be turned away for any reason. It just rubs me the wrong way how someoneā€™s behaviour somewhere else can impact their account here. Just seems a bit Big Brother to me. As in, ā€œcareful what you say, you donā€™t know who may be listening.ā€ :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

This is going to be an episode to remember

1 Like

Oh please. This is privately run forum. They can allow, or not allow who they want

And itā€™s pretty far from ā€œbig brotherā€. Seeing how they canā€™t arrest anyone, or fine anyone, or do other things that, ya know, an actual government agency can do

ā€¦Plus itā€™s Hindle

4 Likes

I know. Thatā€™s why I said almost exactly that.

Huhā€¦not what I was expecting

I wasnā€™t the moderator who dealt with the Hindle situation, so Iā€™m not the right person to go into specifics. But, just to make sure; we normally donā€™t watch (and act on) the behaviour of our members outside of this forum. If we would we wouldā€™ve had plenty of opportunities to do so (hey Javy). Lol.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t want someone who has a ā€œhistory of racismā€ to just freely come and go as they please in this forum. Even if it was somewhere else, that should matter. Atleast it does to me. But I wonā€™t tell you how you should feel

9 Likes

I think itā€™s more the continuation of forums linked to each other in a way, each giving birth to the next so to speak. Itā€™s not random places where these things occured.

Also, itā€™s easily avoided by simply not behaving like that I would thinkā€¦

6 Likes

Proven finding out about Hindleā€™s posting history:

/s

2 Likes

Some people hide their true selves on forums very well. If they are found out to have said horrible things on other places we are not going to tolerate it just because it was not said on this forum.

To clarify, we are not searching through peopleā€™s internet history to catch them saying things. If we are tipped off to someone saying or acting in gross behavior somewhere else, we will take action if it is needed.

11 Likes

You can ask certain forum members on here, theyā€™ve slagged myself and the site off numerous times on twitter and were never moderated/punished over it. If they said something awful, like a former member who used the R word in a YouTube video then that is something weā€™re not ok with. I you take to other platforms and are a biggot, racist, mysognist etc. then you will not have a home here. If you are on twitter saying ā€œxbox era stinks, theyā€™re like resetera but for xbox!ā€ I might be offended but I"m not going to moderate you over it.

11 Likes

Iā€™ll put it bluntly. Anyone may be as nice as pie here, but if any of the admin or mods find, in the normal course of interacting with the community, evidence that a member is an awful human being, by virtue of being either bigoted, racist etc, then yeah, you can be assured we would take action against it.

It happens in every other facet of our lives, both professional and personal. Why wouldnā€™t it apply here?

(This isnā€™t an invitation for debate by the way, itā€™s just a statement. Back on topic please folks.)

32 Likes

Yoo whatā€™s going on lol @Biggzy

I believe UEFA and the French authorities messed up.

Par for the course :risi:

2 Likes

Klob really makes me want to see the Xbox and Game Pass dashboard/UI revamped :sob:

3 Likes

Holy shit, these people are insane. :rofl: :joy:

12 Likes

God I wish I was being paidā€¦

8 Likes

jeez that was so 30 years ago and they want to bring that back up, see this is probably why MS is B2B with some B2C with the surface ,windows ,and xbox

1 Like