XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

That is art man! The work you guys do is absolutely fantastic!

1 Like

Sure, why not! (he is on the list but be patient!)

7 Likes

RE4 remake surely. See that as an early 2023 kinda title. Announce at TGAā€™s I bet.

Yeah, definitely think so too. But what else?

Dragonā€™s Dogma 2 reveal this summer with release in 2023? I would go insane if Monster Hunter World 2 is announced but itā€™s probably too early.

Actually that would make it five years after MHWā€¦

Capcom also had a new IP during one of the Sony SOPā€™s this year, didnā€™t they? Not sure if that could be considered major though.

The power of big IPs

4 Likes

Like you said too early. Sunbreak expansion for MH Rise is coming this summer.

I know some people here donā€™t like third party reveals on the Xbox showcase unless itā€™s Game Pass but I think itā€™d be great if Xbox gets the Dragonā€™s Dogma 2 reveal. DMC5 reveal at the Xbox show was a major major highlight for me.

1 Like

Exclusive IPs at that

2 Likes

Nah, Disney needs to put their shows on Netflix to survive.

/s if not obvious.

5 Likes

I donā€™t mind big third parties at their show at all, and if the game is great Iā€™ll buy it. DD2 actually would be a really nice reveal.

As for MHW2, how many years between mainline games usually?

And man, how I wish Dino Crisis got the RE2/3 remake treatment. Imagine how lifelike those raptors would looks, sheesh!

Game Pass or gtfo is my view on that.

I definitely think there will come a point where XGS has just so much to show that they donā€™t need as much 3p anymore, but this year ainā€™t that. No way.

Who knows really

Maybe, but I still donā€™t want it there haha.

Game Pass is the way.

1 Like

With ABK and if they use those studios to work on more things than COD support, xbox legit has the content to do 2 big shows with only first party stuff.

I would say had SEGA games to the mix (no acquisition, marketing or patnership or something) and xbox will have monstruous conferences.

1 Like

I guess MHW2 (or whatever itā€™s gonna be called lol. MHW2 always sounded like people who say ā€œSkyrim 2ā€ to me lmao) would be early-mid 2024 if we look at the release patterns of the game and then the expansions. Iā€™d certainly say itā€™s deep in development right now.

Xbox first party + ā€¦Sega would be weird but as long as they fill that JP/Asian content hole on showcases somehow I wouldnā€™t complain. Who knows how many years away those XGS published ones are.

Major reason why I canā€™t agree with deemphasizing third party games. Right now third party (non indie) ā€œDay 1 on Game Passā€ only seems to be a very specific type of game so unless that gets expanded then nah, keep non GP third parties.

Even Nintendo who is much more first party focused than everyone else doesnā€™t cut out third parties.

1 Like

Thereā€™s also Exoprimal. Itā€™s supposed to release next year but I donā€™t know if itā€™ll release before their Fiscal Year ends. Im not sure how itā€™s gonna turn out though, it looks like a mix between Anthem and Second Extinction.

Thatā€™s the one I mean. Yeah Iā€™m not sure if Capcom considers that a major release, they probably do.

I also think it should be time for a proper reveal of Pragmata.

Itsuno appearing again on an Xbox show would be hype af, I canā€™t wait for DD2!

Also I donā€™t see RE4make before at least the end of 2023, it is a massive game in terms of content even if they decide to cut a few corners and IIRC there have been some bumps (according to Dusk Golem) with the gameā€™s development so even if it was the REmake 2 team from the start working on it (which I think M2 started the development and then the REmake 2 team took over) a full 4 year development time is what I expect from this game so end of 2023 - 1st quarter of 2024 is my guess. Honestly they should take their sweet time and do their best with RE4make, this game deserves all the love and respect it can get from Capcom and then some.

I got to say it is a bit odd for Sony to keep bringing up about the ā€œflawā€ of Game Pass. They made it sound like we consumer are buying bootleggers alas Xbox. As if we are buying console with pre-installed games from 80s. I donā€™t know why they keep attacking them.