XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

Eh

To me these showcases whether its playstation, xbox or whoever should be focusing on content that you can only get there

Thankfully last year almost everything that was third party was also coming to GP so hopefully they do that again this year

2 Likes

Saw a tweet today some guy saying a rumor was going around that TES VI would be at the Xbox show. I donā€™t know why people are doing this to themselves.

Man they remind me so much of those evil monks from Resident Evil 4, haha.

1 Like

So who actually pays who? Do publishers pay Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo to be on their shows or the other way around

3 Likes

Coming to Game Pass Day One

8 Likes

You just listed most of the ones I would recommend, lol. The Man From Nowhere is another great film. Unfortunately Iā€™ve been slacking on watching movies the past few years, so I canā€™t help with anything recent.

As far as dramas go, I guess it depends on what youā€™re looking for. I tend to watch more romantic comedies than anything else. A couple of good, recent shows that I really enjoyed were Business Proposal (Very funny RomCom) , Vincenzo (Not really a RomCom but a fun watch) , and Memories of the Alhambra (a fun sci-fi/mystery show).

Here are a couple of other shows that I enjoyed:

The K2 - (More action than anything else, but fun)

Coffee Prince - (this is actually one of my favorites, but your enjoyment of it might depend on how old you are since it came out in 2006)

Lie to Me - (Another one of my favorites despite being shot in 30fps with hardly any depth of field which gives it that soap opera feel. But, it stars Yoon Eun-hye who also starred in Coffee Prince)

Whatā€™s Wrong with Secretary Kim - (a very good romcom starring Park Min-young)

Her Private Life - (another good romcom with Park Min-young)

W - (A supernatural show that ended up being way better than I ever thought it ever would. The premise sounds absurd, but I couldnā€™t stop watching)

Fated to Love You - (A RomCom)

Jurisan - (I havenā€™t finished this one yet, but Iā€™m really enjoying it. Itā€™s a supernatural show)

Nevertheless - (mileage may vary on this one. I loved it because it had a dark sexyness to it that you donā€™t often see in K-Dramas).

I Am Not A Robot - (This one was a lot of fun)

Guardian: The Lonely and Great God - (Supernatural show)

The King: Eternal Monarch - (Another supernatural show dealing with parallel worlds)

These are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head, so Iā€™m sure I missed plenty of good ones. If youā€™re interested in K-Dramas, there are a bunch on Netflix (and more being added all the time, at least here in the US). Also, another great site is Vikki. They have a ton of older content as well as some exclusive newer stuff that didnā€™t get nabbed by Netflix and others. They have a free tier with ads, but if you want to watch all the new stuff without ads, itā€™s like $10 a month.

Anyway, sorry for the barrage, hopefully this helps. :smile:

3 Likes

I really wished they retained the visual style from Ashen :frowning:

To me it seems like Keighley is setting expectations a bit here.

Iā€™m seeing some interesting games in the sale this week.

9 Monkeys of Shaolin for 4 euros, fun beat em up game that also had/has a demo.

The other is first-person physics-based puzzle game called Relicta. UE4 and looks really good. Also 4 bucks.

Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th is only 6 euros. Man, if anyone doesnā€™t have that game or ever played itā€¦what a steal.

Valley is only 3 euros. Sadly not X enhanced.

Gonna be a big turn around for them ainā€™t it haha, I wonder if they will remember who dogged them in the dark days, probably not but those most be fun meetings. All last gen it wasnā€™t cool to be associated with Xbox but I can see that flipping massively this gen especially with the happy go lucky attitude the Xbox media team and marketing have been lately.

This Indie Direct was a miss and the first time not a single game interested me :frowning:

In regards to K-dramas, I would recommend the Reply series. Funny, charming and lots of nostalgia.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know how you fare with horror, but an obvious shout would be Train to Busan, absolute masterpiece. Less obvious shout would be All Of Us Are Dead. Im not necessarily hooked on Korean media, but I absolutely love horror, and a lot of good stuff has come from there.

1 Like

The cool think is that Microsoft might big enough by itself without media and third party support. Like Nintendo.

I love horror, canā€™t get enough of it. It rarely ever scares me anymore sadly though , only games can do that. Train to Busan is fantastic, sadly the sequel wasnā€™t in my opinion. They tried to go Hollywood with that andā€¦just why? I have yet to see All of us are Dead. Iā€™ll make sure to do that.

Train to Busan has a sequel ? Thats news to me .

Itā€™s called Peninsula and itā€™s just such a unnecessary movie really. It has nothing on Busan.

1 Like

Oh yeah Ive heard about that movie . Never knew its a sequel to train to Busan lol .

1 Like

Hopefully. I definitely want more this June than the three AAA third party games that were on last yearā€™s Xbox Showcase. Give me more!!!

Aside BF2042 I donā€™t remember anything else.

Far Cry 6 and Diablo 2 resurrected.