XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

Last time we saw Suicide Squad it did not look that hot no?

Faces looked incredible from what I recall, and the gameplay bits in the trailer I think looked good enough? Not sure anymore, we have yet to see a real direct gameplay video like we have had for GK.

You mean the price of games? That would be something.

1 Like

It looked really good dude . It felt like a mix between Batman Arkham and Sunset overdrive in gameplay .

1 Like

I donā€™t think their leader is actually wrong, just need to see things through Sonyā€™s perspective. Theyā€™d be giving up a good position to grow a subscription service and would have to reduce their investment in games to make up for the decrease in profits until the subscription service reaches a certain number of subscribers.

Microsoft has less to lose and more capacity to lose, so they can get away with actually increasing investment in order to reach that point.

When they say theyā€™d have to decrease investment it isnā€™t saying blanket that nobody can spend a lot on a subscription service, itā€™s saying Sony canā€™t.

Jesus, these ponies man, lmao.

I was talking to one and said Starfield, Avowed, Fable etc are all very promising IP and nothing to sneeze at them being on Game Pass. His answer was that had these IP been Sonyā€™s they would be improved much further, because Sony studios are the best in the business.

Yup, truly a cult. @Mort is right on that. :rofl:

Itā€™s not like Sony helps out, end of the day its all on these developers to make the game. Whether they are under MS or Sony, sigh.

Then he mentions Halo, how Sony never would have released it incomplete after a year delay. But I mention FH5, Psychonauts 2, MSFS, Gears 4 and I get no response.

5 Likes

OK, that actually makes more sense then.

Yeah, we Xbox fans are in luck that MS can afford to lose more. But I also see people saying thereā€™s no way MS is giving their studios similar budgets like Sony would and Iā€™m likeā€¦and you know this how?

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s people buying the ā€˜prestigeā€™ crap. I am sure the big Xbox games have similar budgets to the big Sony games, maybe with something like TLOU2 being an outlier.

3 Likes

Same ones who will also believe Halo Infiniteā€™s budget is $500m

1 Like

Is that Christopher Weaver in the middle with Spencer and Howard?

MS should be on par with expenditure as similar to Sony I would assume

There revenue is getting closer and closer to PlayStation

There will also be no impact on Quality as well

Sony simply canā€™t do Gamepass stuff

Itā€™s mainly the third party stuff that contributes to this annoying discourse.

Everyoneā€™s go to reaction when a mediocre co op or multiplayer game isnā€™t doing to hot is ā€œoh thatā€™s for sure a gamepass gameā€.

Once Xbox is in a cadence with its first party games, people wonā€™t be talking about gamepass like that.

1 Like

They can. Just no need to now. Their current model works very well, no need to interrupt it now, until the market (demand) says otherwise.

Yeah, that gameā€™s budget was pretty crazy eh?

Yeah, I never believed that. Whereā€™d that even come from?

Nothing but great news. The same great games as these studios used to make, but a higher budget. Tow 2 will be one example and Hellblade 2 absolutely too. Hell, we had Double Fine mentioning how Xbox meant they were able to put back in removed content. Yet these folks believe Starfield is much worse off compared to if it had been a Sony owned IP, somehow they believe the game is not getting a high enough budget.

ā€˜They can. Just no need to nowā€™ can be open up for many arguments.

The truth is currently doing so would be a huge hit to there financials. Which they clearly are not ready for.

In the future, as you say market demands it, it will still be very difficult to do so for Sony

What I think is they will do day one games when Gamepass Will force them to do so rather then when they are ready

horizon is on its 13th patch. It got released with ton of bugs. Obviously incomplete but u dont see them complaining.

I agree with most your points and thatā€™s part of what I mean. It requires a huge amount of investments that again they CAN make but yeah it wonā€™t be easy and they seem to be taking it slower, step by step.

Has Sony ever released a game with Single player, multiplayer, forge and co-op all at the same time?

The guy is high af

7 Likes

It was $115 million iirc .

1 Like

The closest was Uncharted 4. It had campaign, multiplayer, and co-op mode. But the difference is the MP and co-op are just additive value features, they arenā€™t pillars to the game and werenā€™t supported or expected to be supported much, and the game isnā€™t gonna be judged based on them.

1 Like