XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

We can see where it is going… Trends are changing

3 Likes

If even VGChartz estimate them close, then it means that Xbox is bigger now.

1 Like

Same… I only consider them good enough to know the general trend

Nothing more then that

https://venturebeat.com/2022/05/06/tencents-steven-ma-why-big-acquisitions-will-be-good-for-gamers/amp/

Tencent wants to deliver high-quality games, and those titles take $100 million to $300 million or more to make now. And smaller game studios need financial backing to make such games. It’s happening with mobile games too as triple-A quality comes to mobile. That’s why the acquisitions are happening, as it puts the necessary capital behind the games the studios are making. And it’s why this consolidation can be good for gamers, said Ma.

emerging markets are growing quickly. Markets like the middle east, like southeast Asia, like Latin America, they’re growing very quickly. It’s similar to what we saw in China in 2012 or 2013, when the mobile market shot up there. The same things are happening. That’s presenting new opportunities for the whole game industry

Fantastic interview!!

3 Likes

Lol

6 Likes

With activision blizzard xbox will surpass windows thats crazy

The spreadsheets joke went way too far.

1 Like

Haven’t read it yet, but I’m not surprised. Dean Takahashi is the real deal. Thanks for posting that link.

1 Like

I want to see fan’s reaction on this announcement. Was there a stream?

and that’s in a bad year where Vanguard underperformed badly, WoW declining and their other franchises not doing too hot

They could blitz past 10b easily in a good year

No problem man! This is one of the parts that got my attention:

Ga**mesBeat: Like a lot of other game companies right now, are you having a hard time finding the people you need to hire to make these games? Are you having to invest more in each game?

Ma: You’re right. Right now, if you want to make very high-quality games, the costs are getting higher and higher. I don’t believe that trend is going to stop. People are always asking for higher quality. But at the same time, that can slow down development and innovation. For creative work, people need to work face to face together. In my view, COVID might have caused a 30% loss of efficiency in a lot of game development. That’s a problem.

2 Likes

1 Like
Summary

A Starfield deep dive / A closer look at Redfall / An Avowed gameplay showcase / inXile Entertainment’s Project Cobalt / Something on Everwild

4 Likes
3 Likes

“Do you want to play Xbox games? We have a product for that.”

1 Like

Yup!

8 Likes

I hope they plan on launching an android TV app too. I don’t plan on replacing all of my chromecasts and/or TVs to get this.

Xbox has never been so easy to play.

• Want a console for prime couch gaming? Xbox Series X/S

• Doesn’t want a console but have good internet and a smart TV? Samsung app/Puck

• Performance and customization matters most to you? PC

• Want to play your games on the go? Mobile

There’s something for everyone, all in one ecosystem. The FTC is going to have a hard time asking for concessions.

16 Likes

We have an app for that

2 Likes

Agreed!