XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

Still not enough. Ps5 struggling in japan. Need to preas home the during shortages

Watch Dogs 2012 reveal says hi.

Well, short term is that apparently they sent a motherlode of Series S to Japan this past week, like a console launch amount, while PS is just sending the usual amount, so Iā€™m very excited to see next weekā€™s Famitsu Sales report.

Long term is that hiring tweet that says theyā€™re working on big projects from Japanā€¦ Considering Sony is doing diddly squat with published games from there besides Kojima I consider this very big.

Something short-medium term that could be done is getting more Asian content on Game Pass at a better rate because again it feels kinda lacking lately, pretty much just being carried by Spike Chunsoft.

https://twitter.com/jodiede/status/1519998344038395905

(Apparently certain Square games like FF games and KH games are not available on the JP Game Pass)

IIRC Klob made a tought months ago on the possibility where some games for 2023 are purposedly delayed because the schedule may end up overcrowded.

Agreed, the last few were basically recaps of things we already had + a few GP announcements

Better than nothing but they should do more

I think that with the moves they have been making to build up their presence in Japan, itā€™s only a matter of time before they start making a splash for TGS. I just wish itā€™s this year when they do so, because they need to keep the momentum they have built back going. Like can you imagine Yakuza 8 gameplay revealed at TGS at Xbox stage with a day one on game pass announcement.

Certainly seems plausible, as they continue to expand and studios gear up I could see this being more of a problem and them holding things back to give them a more consistent schedule.

1 Like

I really do feel they could somewhat take Sonyā€™s place at TGS and get some cool trailers out there. See how above Judgment was revealed at Sonyā€™s TGS Showcase? Like you said imagine Yakuza 8 is revealed at Xboxā€™s. Or imagine they got the first real trailer to Atlusā€™s Project Refantasy here? Another possibilty could even be the first actual trailer for Spike Chunsoftā€™s Enigma Archives: Rain Code (Looks to be somewhat of a Danganronpa successor though we donā€™t know the platforms). These are all just multiplat reveal suggestions. If they are actually working on big JP projects then by all means save one of the reveals for here.

With TGS being in person this year I do think thereā€™s a chance there will be more eyes on it than previous years mainly because of attendees and such, so this would be a good year for Xbox to hit TGS a little harder than before.

2 Likes

I can count the number of ā€œgaming Youtubers/Podcastsā€ (that arenā€™t retro channels) i listen to these days on one hand without using all of the fingers. Honestly most ā€œgaming Youtubersā€ have fuck all gaming Knowledge and itā€™s really sad to see. They are uninformed and go out of their way to misinform their audience who donā€™t know any better. When it comes to xbox itā€™s even worse. They have no real insight whatsoever.

Wasnā€™t familiar with this podcast but fucking Dreamcast guy is on it? lol, i guess i shouldnā€™t be surprised at the grossly uninformed takes.

7 Likes

Still waiting for Wild Guns Reloaded on Xbox : (

Man I just promised my girlfriend Iā€™d take time out to work out. I guess being single gives you more time to game. :cry:

This has its own thread and is being actively discussed.

1 Like

My bad, deleted. :v:t5:

1 Like

Why?

No worries.

This looks cool. Seems like might be Dark Souls-ish but with a more fluid, action styled combat system. The Gematsu article mentions thereā€™ll be different endings depending on the choices you make and the items you collect.

Gematsu - A kingdom once thriving on the power of alchemy enters an age of calamity. After discovering the price behind alchemy, an attempt to stop the use of it backfired. Within a few days, the kingdom was in chaos and the streets infested with monsters.

The key to understanding all of this is in Corvusā€™ hands, but he has lost his memory. The truth can only be found within his memories, but every time he dives back in, he only finds more secrets.

5 Likes

It really came in handy, huh.

12 Likes

hahaha :joy:

Phil is playing chess there while people on forums are having meltdowns.

1 Like