XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

Basically any Double Fine game.

2 Likes

Misleading news like this just create unrealistic expectations.

While I haven’t played it myself, if you’re into Borderlands, I would say Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands as it’s definitely more humor based than anything but can also be seen as cringy dialogue/writing wise so it depends on what exactly you’re looking for. I would suggest watching a few reviews or a walkthrough of the opening and see if it’s for you.

It’s ok. Let the disappointment build.

1 Like

Lets get this straight

• Spartacus is supposed to be a GP competitor according to those inside Playstation
  • It won’t include day 1 1st party titles
  • It will force BC to a sub service and possibly stream only after the head of Playstation and their fans said who wants to play old games, new games only matter
  • It will only include demos of their 1st party and it will most likely cost the same as GP
  • Subscription services are NOW sustainable and great for the industry
7 Likes

Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Secret of Monkey Island series, Discworld (PC), Thimbleweed Park, The Procession to Calvary and Space Quest series (PC) are super funny if you are into point & click adventures. I think the South Park games are good and true to the show if you are into this. Newer games are slim pickings, i thought Brutal Legend, Saints Row 3 and West of Loathing (PC) pretty hilarious. Psychonauts 2, Portal, Tales from the Borderland and Conkers Bad Fur day are other picks. Sunset Overdrive is very hit and miss with people.

People were suprised about GotG’s humor shows the sad state of the AAA video game industrie. I assume if you crunch for months you are not in the mood for good jokes. And as you said if your games main interaction is about murdering other humans, the possibility of humor is fast diminishing. See my pickings above and then contrast it with something as unfunny as Bulletstorm.

5 Likes

Are you looking for something light-hearted and “action blockbuster movie” or something sharp and witty, or more cerebral? Basically, are you looking to turn off your brain and laugh or think and chuckle? Both are incredibly viable in my opinion.

This game is free on Xbox and it’s fun. I believe this was announced at TGA two years ago. Fly around on a dragon and combat other dragons. Looks good, sadly it’s only 30fps and doesn’t seem stable at that either, I’m sure it’s being worked on. Hopefully they can bring it to 60fps, since it IS optimized for Xbox Series.

MP only.

1 Like

In their defense, I think they always meant “subscription services that include AAA, 1st party titles on day 1 are not sustainable.”

And as we know, they’re holding to that.

I think a majority of people who are saying that is because of console wars, they don’t actually care if it’s sustainable or not because why would you care if a trillion dollar company can afford it or not. If Game Pass was not sustainable all that would change is they would get rid of the service and that’s that, they’re not going to shut down Xbox if Game Pass wasn’t sustainable.

5 Likes

I’m a couple of hours into it on my Series X, and so far I agree with this. Although last night I finished the Du or Die mission, and my experience with it has given me a little bit of hope.

My first couple of attempts I just ran head first at it, guns blazing, Rambo-style. That didn’t work.

And as you suggest, all out combat is just not that rewarding or fun.

So, then I thought I’d do it a bit more stealthily, yet also murderous. First Blood-style. And that worked like a charm.

Sneaking around that fort, killing people from behind with my machete, looting whatever components and cash I could find in storage rooms and barracks… I will admit that that was a fair bit of fun.

Although it remains to be seen how much I can replicate that in further missions.

https://youtu.be/EqWRaAF6_WY :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Agreed. But I also think it’s perfectly sustainable. For two reasons:

First, my uninformed reason: To me the math suggests it is. We know there’s 25+ million subscribers. We know the cheapest Game Pass tier is $10. Therefore, we know they’re pulling in at least USD $250 million per month. That’s $3 billion a year. And that number just continues to grow each month.

I’m just some armchair analyst who don’t actually know very many cold hard facts, but I’ve gotta think that kind of cash is more than enough to fund the whole operation. And I’m not even accounting for the various synergies they are able to leverage due to Microsoft’s size, things like Azure and whatnot.

And yes, I’m also not accounting for people who are subscribing at the $1 price, or paying for it with Microsoft Rewards points, etc. But then again, I’m also not accounting for those who are paying $15.

Second, because Phil Spenser said so. More precisely, he said that Game Pass is “very, very sustainable right now as it sits.”

And I just can’t believe he’d straight up lie about something like that. :man_shrugging:

Yes most of our media and countrymen are supporting the anti-US narrative blindly by justifying with the fact that US gov fucked us over with sanctions in past and it is the Soviet who has always supported us on international platforms. But honestly not only India but few other south Asian countries are also supporting the Russian side this time. It’s the result of a herd mentality and rise in populism that our people suffer from nothing else…

I read a tweet a few days ago about Russian bots targeting BRICS, not so much the West right now. That would explain that.

Don’t know about yours but It’s called freedom of speech in our country… The YouTube channel is simply reporting what happened in NK (sure it is exaggerated and presented in twisted way which media around the world often does and I hate it personally as well)

Also the comments are mostly sarcastic. They are not against any nation or their people but against only their governments which are greedy and have done similar things in the past.

Seriously, don’t bring such topics in forums like this with provoking stuff like ‘can our Indian friends speak on it’

You should have checked that there are only 0.2 million views of this video with only 1.4K comments where YouTube user base in India is 450M+ in 2021. You could even error out 0.2 million figure against such huge user base. This doesn’t tell anything about India and its attitude.

This is high level Geo political stuff which if discussed would open up lot of can of worms. Lets not do this here or anywhere I suppose. And let’s not discuss it any further.

I wonder if it should go to Ukraine topic though…

I have seen many of my people in social media glorifying Putin’s recent “efforts” and that “Ukraine’s president should just keep quiet and take it from behind”. It’s like they are pro-imperialism when it’s another country that’s suffering. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Just read other posts and tell me why wouldn’t I reply like I did…/ end of conversation

Anyways… We have much more important topics to discuss like Spartacus VS Gamepass marketing / Joke

And I am again going to flag your comment because of your inappropriate slang used against me

Have a good day sir

Or be cool and don’t flag it

I was trying to actually extend an olive branch with that line

2 Likes