XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

I grew bored of God of War pretty quickly, but Ghostwire Tokyo… now that’s an interesting Playstation console exclusive! Going to stream the PC version as a full playthrough for my next Coffee With Cabesa target. Maybe this Sunday, if not then Monday! Twitch

8 Likes

What purpose does a statement like this even serve?

6 Likes

What purpose does a question like that even serve?

5 Likes

It serves the purpose of expressing how he feels about the game. GoW is top 5 last gen for me but I understand why some would find it broes them because it takes control a lot from active play and the gameplay is many aspects dictated by the presentation and story, if you don’t like them, the game can he very unappealing. Depsite how much I loved it, I still couldn’t replay it for those reasons

3 Likes

Ah yes Ghostwire v. God of War…the comparison that everyone was waiting on baited breath for.

I’m teasing the people who were jokingly annoyed about me playing a Playstation game on the “Xbox Era” Twitch page.

Maybe you need some sleep bro

1 Like

Ok, so I am our reviews editor and podcast producer for Xbox Era and one of the main moderators of the forum. People teased me as a “traitor” for streaming God of War on the Xbox Era twitch page. That is the context of my light-hearted post. I’ve beaten GoW before, it’s a good game. I was feeling a bit bored by the combat in this 2nd playthrough as most know it takes a while to really open up, but Ghostwire Tokyo looks real fun so I’m going to stream this game on the Twitch page of the website you are on. I fail to see how going from one Playstation console exclusive to another is “fanboy” behavior. If you need context please feel free to DM me and ask instead of flagging my post. image

Everything up here should indicate to you that I’m worth talking with and not thinking I’m engaging in “xbot fanboy behavior” as you so kindly intimated.

11 Likes

Almost taken out of my mouth lol

You’re really comparing straight up toxicity to opinions

4 Likes

I’m just happy to hear what seems like positive reactions to Ghostwire. @Doncabesa think its got good enough guts that it could be a cough banger cough with a big boy sequel?

No clue! Purposely kept my knowledge of it to a minimum because I really wanted to play/stream it for the site. We’ll do a proper review once it’s able to hit Game Pass in… 365 days.

8 Likes

^ Tell me how you don’t follow what’s going on at XboxEra without telling me you don’t know what’s going on at XboxEra.

2 Likes

1 Like

Somehow video games make me do this

2 Likes

Caved and ended up getting the new non borderlands borderlands game. Hope it’s good. Time for an Elden Ring break.

1 Like

Far Cry 6 on a humble gtx 1060 with medium to some high settings looks fantastic. It is undeniable they are a publisher who make their games (or 90% of them) looks really really nice.

But man, what is their problem with adding “rpg” like components to their games? It really drags the gunplay and I absolutely hate that shooting to the head is not an insta-kill…heck, even using a tank and firing its secondary ammunition to enemies one or two ranks above you just reduce their health a little!!!

I ended uninstalling after a couple of hours, the other characters didnt seem interesting and I just can’t stand those “health bars” of the enemies…really nice looking game but boring gameplay, what a shame.

6 Likes

To be perfectly honest, im hoping Ghostwire Tokyo (and Deathloop for that matter) are one and done franchises. Would prefer to see Arkane and Tango Gameworks do new IP’s instead of sequels.

2 Likes

Please recommend games which are as funny as GotG in narration

After playing GotG I am losing intrest in many games because most of them have a serious narration (apocalypse, genocide and sad dad’s)

I just can’t wait for Fable any more

1 Like