XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

There is a new game plus. Ill never buy it for ps5. But if it comes to switch 2 in the future…

Phil mentioned State of Decay 3 as one of the projects he’s excited about… I hope we see gameplay E3

2 Likes

Doubt we will be seeing gameplay of that anytime soon. I seem to remember Klobrille saying that out of the games announced at E3 2020 that was the furthest out.

Besides, I think they will focus showing gameplay for the games coming out this year, which are Starfield, Redfall and maybe Forza.

3 Likes

I just want to shout out the entire Xbox era crew. Thanks for making this website awesome and gratz on episode 100 of the podcast. Here is to hundreds more

12 Likes

Color me intrigued.

8 Likes

That’s fine, it’s just weird to pretend that xbox doesn’t exist in the description as well.

4 Likes

Did they confirm a Series X Shadow Warrior 3 analysis on otherera, or…?

1 Like

Wasn’t on State of Play, guess that means Sony doesn’t have marketing rights like some people were trying to say.

1 Like

What Xbox version? such a thing doesn’t exist, it’s just a crazy rumor! :stuck_out_tongue: :phil_lmao:

3 Likes

I wonder if this one will be on the Xbox YT channel or they pretend it doesn’t exist for Xbox.

1 Like

Steam Deck tho

Valve been making patches for the game making it run better on Steam Deck than a lot of desktop PCs lol

On March 11th, 2022, Chris Klippel tweeted about the progress of the development of GTA 6 and how necessary steps are being taken which would really speed up the development process.

“An important step in the development of #GTA6 has just been reached. Things should speed up (internally at Rockstar).” – Chris’ Klippel (As translated by google translator)

“I think that a (real) announcement at the end of the year may be possible. In any case, I don’t see the game arriving before the end of 2024!”– Chris’ Klippel (As translated by google translator)

Furthermore, Klippel believes the game will be released in 2024, based on prior Rockstar Games titles’ release schedules. The reveal and release of its two most recent titles, GTA 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2, were separated by two years. So, assuming this pattern holds true and GTA 6 is shown this year, the game will be released in 2024.

11 years after the previous game…

Oh, I can see it going to 2025. Wouldn’t shock me one bit to be honest. Just watch how GTA 5 for current gen will sell like hotcakes, GTA Online getting second life or however you want to call it and they’ll sit it out several more years.

2 Likes

I wonder if Sony will try to get some exclusive rights on GTA6, considering how deeply entrenched them with GTA5 (from online perks to next gen upgrades). Maybe some exclusive marketing or something…Microsoft should prevent that.

Because Sony’s marketing rights on COD, FIFA and GTA is crazy.

That’s why they are the dominant platform and why MS must separate COD from PS branding ASAP. Also trying to get at least one of the othet two should be a priority, IMO more FIFA than GTA, considering its yearly nature and EU dominance over anything else, a market where Xbox needs some boost.

5 Likes

Microsoft had Fifa marketing at start of last gen and lost it about 2017. I think they have madden marketing which is more North American, but still moves units . I think having COD will be huge

For EU they need more marketing because the main issue with EU are prices of everything as everything is becoming more expensive and fast. So cheaper gaming is a plus.

Gaining COD is a strong start. They need to go back to where they were king in marketing. By that, I mean their games.

It can’t be understated how important those marketing deals are to winning over the mainstream market. The PS3 outsold the 360 in the United States for the first time in 32 months because of a GTA V bundle.

5 Likes