XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

Hungry Hungry Hippos.

2 Likes

8 Likes

“I’m looking for fighting and monster hunting.” -Phil

That won’t be a prediction, that will be a spoiler.

6 Likes

I’ll meme this shit into reality.

6 Likes

not just that if we remove PS platform money revenue from it then it would be even lower. so yeah still at third place.

1 Like

man it’s hilarious when people say timed exclusivity is not the same as preventing games through acquisition.

timed exclusivity is just cheap acquisition.

i mean what people want from MS to do ? stop competing and die ? haha.

they say Timed exclusives are fine and it’s just business then if that the case let say MS instead of acquiring Zenimax/Acti, they prepare 10B for timed exclusivity for the whole gen, let see they can get GTA VI, Starfield, Bethesda other games, Sega games and a lot of other AAA Games as timed exclusive games. even like this Sony way, these people will still give us same fake noises and threads about MS.

6 Likes

Them: “Timed exclusivity is not keeping a game away from you forever”

Me: “Final Fantasy 7 was supposed to be released on Xbox over a year ago”

Them: “Just buy a PlayStation”

12 Likes

Phil finally broke 1m followers on twitter! image

10 Likes

"Stop port begging bitch " ← An actual comment .

3 Likes

:skull:

3 Likes

Why people made “port begging” something negative like??! Yes we want to play these games on the gaming platform we have what’s so weird about that?

3 Likes

well PC is the future…

It’s because the platform isn’t PlayStation.

13 Likes

Grubb had a new video today if I’m not mistaken, anyone watched? Anything of importance?

Also Rhand has a new one now discussing the acquisitions by MS and Sony and future. Wonder if he knows more, or Jez. Probably not.

only high enough executives would know

Some people really dislike the idea of Xbox being able to compete. Now they are coming out of the woodwork about this thing. Even the guy from “Adam ruins Everything” or whatever has a rant video over it. lol

They portray a gaming landscape where Sony isn’t the “top dog” as some sort of post apocalyptic scenario for gaming, what is it about this company? They don’t have a fanbase they have a cult.

11 Likes

3 Likes

The vast majority of the Xbox community came about with the 360. So over the last 17 years or so. The PS1 has been available since 94/95. If you follow that the average gamer is in their mid-30s then it’s very possible huge swaths of gamers today that for their first introduction to the hobby with a PS1 and have been there ever since.

In contrast the same aged Xbox gamer likely didn’t start with the Xbox ecosystem for another six years and more likely 10+. So you are way more likely to have engaged with the hobby on other platforms in a meaningful way. In my case my gaming childhood is defined by PC, Nintendo and Sega directly and there was lots of PlayStation influence. Xbox and Halo 2 are my teenage years and the rest is history.

IMO it gives you a way different perspective on the whole hobby/industry.

It also creates a really passionate community on PlayStation. Which at its best is this huge longterm community with an incredible history and at its worst creates an insular group of people who have a long history in the hobby but a super narrow perspective.

7 Likes