XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

Why do I sense an old discussion and fomo of “Game Pass is only for co-op?”

Yeah, I’ll just enjoy it solo and experimenting with every character.

for AAA third parties, that’s simply been an objective truth that keeps getting confirmed again and again. It has nothing to do with Gamepass itself and everything to do with what games these big third parties are OK with sending into the service day 1, and they all happen to be the same kind of games, except maybe MLB which majority of the world couldn’t care less about anyway.

5 Likes

4 Likes

I understand this, but there’s a ton of other games out there that could be massive on GP.

I’m truly hoping for Dying Light 2 to kick off the big blockbuster stuff being on GP.

6 Likes

If you’re referring to day one release, that’s mostly true. Only saying mostly since Sega did release some games that’s single player heavy like Humankind, Football Manager, and soon a Warhammer. Otherwise, we literally just got Mass Effect Trilogy. Are we really trying to find something hard negative on this? I know it’s not perfect but grasping straws isn’t one.

Edit: Read your edited post. I understand. I just don’t think people should dwell on the negative so hard that it becomes a huge problem. It’s like believing the hater’s words on certain things that aren’t there, yet you buy into it when you think way too hard on it.

referring to day 1 releases, yes.

I’m not finding anything negative with Gamepass lol, I’m just saying the third party AAA situation on Gamepass needs to evolve beyond this current default of “if it’s a co-op/live service, then expect it, otherwise just forget about it”. That is why I’m hoping the Wonder Woman rumor is true, cuz that’ll be an unprecedented thing for the service and finally dissolve the lurking stigma that Gamepass can’t be good or viable for a wider variety of experiences.

1 Like

It has only been 1 week of the year so far - so, let’s wait and see what happens before parroting the same discussion again and again.

7 Likes

I’m very glad I wasn’t here for the 500 posts on KOTOR yesterday…

4 Likes

Fixed.

Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF

2 Likes

I left an edited post response. So far, Sega seems comfortable to release more day one games. Will we see big titles from any other? Maybe? Game Pass relationship with consumers and developers are evolving every year so far. Perhaps this year, it could be the time to pull the trigger and grab a game that is multimillion seller.

1 Like

1 Like

Maybe people don’t count it as AAA, but Atomic Heart is a good get that is not being mentioned here.

A Plague’s Tale Requiem is also another big ‘single-player’ game launching day 1 on GP.

9 Likes

lmfaoo I know I know, I have just given up on that, that’s why i can’t bring myself to hope for it anymore. :pensive: :fist:

1 Like

Those don’t count for “reasons”

4 Likes

After this month with Extraction, it’s proven that they can in fact announce a new Game Pass release within the same month release. Now, I shouldn’t get your hopes up with this, but what I’m saying is, don’t count it out until the game is released.

I agree and acknowledge MS has an excellent relationship with indies and AA, but that was simply not the scope of what I was saying.

2 Likes

They do count, but when are these coming out?

A Plague’s Tale is not AA or Indie

3 Likes

Jocelyn Hudon Hope GIF by Hallmark Channel

2 Likes