XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

So from software roadmap for this gen will be IMO

Elden ring next month 2022 PlayStation exclusive 2024 Mech game mite be Xbox only but prob not 2025 Elden ring 2 2026 Another new ip 2027

If there was no covid I would push everything up so this is all out by 2026 but we have covid.

For comparison from software was pretty consistent last gen

2014 dark souls 2 Xbox one and PS4 version 2015 bloodbourne 2016 dark souls 3 2017 nothing 2018 dark souls remaster 2019 Sekiro

I feel like if covid wouldn’t have came out elden ring would of launched late 2020 early 2021

What do you guys think?

Will ever arrive on Xbox? Even with indie deals, Sony exclusives last forever.

Its going to end up being: 2022 - Elden Ring 2025 - Bloodborne 2 2027 - Mech game 2029 - Elden Ring 2

So the Mech game is still a thing? If the rumor was true about it being Xbox exclusive, then I don’t really get why it wouldn’t be anymore. Sony can get multiple ones but Xbox’s wouldn’t go through?

But it was said it wouldn’t be Bloodborne 2.

The rumors are Bluepoint are doing Bloodborne stuff, not From

Never trust a Playstation rumor.

4 Likes

Yeah, lol, what about Abandoned?

I think Brad or Grubb said that the reason why Gamepass PC has issues is because they have fights with the Windows division wtf. Are they jealous or think that Xbox is trying to take over the company?

3 Likes

Dunno but they need to get that shit sorted

Gamepass on PC isnt gonna take off until they sort that out

Oh no. I’ve seen this at several large companies worked for. Someone that currently has some perceived power or decision making stone walling so as not to lose that power or decision making. Super annoying. The employees all see it and hate it. Results in tons of duplicate work and needless delays.

4 Likes

I dunno if they are fighting or not, but Xbox Game Pass relies on the Windows Store team which is not getting it done. I wonder if they are underfunded since the Store is a failure.

Its ridiculous that this is still happening

Everyone can see how shit the store is, Phil and others arent blind, why cant he just go to Satya and say that this is unnacceptable

Assuming its some other clown holding things up behind the scenes

You folks act as if the changes they have been working on over the past year for the store has never happened. Sheesh. Relax. They have been working on it.

1 Like

Corporate politics is rampant in Microsoft .

That was freaking awesome!!!

State of Play rarely if ever ends up being big. It’s usually the PlayStation Showcase that’s the bigger event which is what im hoping for as opposed to a State of Play.

Last September’s PlayStation Showcase was great for me. Showed 8 games that im fully interested in including 4 new game reveals.

Personally, I was never expecting KOTOR Remake to be on a Sony show and even more so, wasn’t expecting it to be a timed console exclusive as I was predicting it throughout 2021 as being on an Xbox show which everyone had wrong. I love Spider Man/Miles Morales and while Spider Man 2 was pretty much a given, I wasn’t expecting to see it until 2022 for a 2024 release. Instead, it’s a year earlier. Wolverine is HUGE for me because that’s by far my favorite character so getting an M rated Wolverine game from Insomniac Games - oh fuck yeah!!! Plus, rumors were that the new Marvel game was Dr. Strange so seeing it being Wolverine makes me very happy. I also got Project Eve which looks like Dante from DMC and Bayonetta had a one night stand which is fine by me. So I for one wasn’t disappointed especially when majority were expecting MGS Remake, Silent Hill from Kojima and all of this other shit that I know isn’t coming.

I can see SF6 being exclusive due to EVO and Sony doing all that tournament stuff.

LMAO. That’s not happening. And Horizon Forbidden West is going to slaughter Elden Ring. But that was funny. lol

I agree with this but more so for the campaign expansion which I believe will be early 2023. February/March in my opinion.

GOWR is day one for me as is TLOU Remake. Don’t care about Factions. Guerrilla’s other game is a heavily rumored Horizon MP game that could be similar to Tsushima Legends which I have no interest in.

What an asshole attitude, they see Xbox as threat trying to ruling over them rather than cooperating, feels that they didn’t like the power that Terry Myerson had to screw the division being taken out with Spencer becoming the company VP for gaming.

this explains many things… :man_facepalming:

Figured. If Spencer was also the head of Windows he would delay W11 to this year to give an impression what a great launching of a new generation of Windows. Missing features/key apps, bugs here and there. It’s clear that with or without pandemic they kept with their original plan to release it in 2021.

1 Like

Uh… What the duck?