XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

The PS fans are f***ing insane, there is no other explanation. Jfc

3 Likes
3 Likes

I remember this one, another indie locked down by PS for years and years, IDK what kind of contracts they make people sign.

LOL at the time of the deal being announced no one really thought it would go through. Nvidia are already the 2nd biggest chip producer in the world(only behind TSMC) and Arm’s clients are nearly every one of their competitors and even companies that aren’t.

That’s what I thought when he said he’s played it for years

He’s literally in Fortnite…

The rock in … The Animal Crossing movie

Interestingly, the FTC appears to be blocking another deal today, which does not result in monopolies. The FTC is blocking the Lockheed Martin acquisition of Aerojet for 4.4 billion.

Someone may really be going hard to block anything and everything.

Though it’s worth noting Lockheed is currently number 1 in their space.

Think the Lockheed-Aerojet move was mostly blocked due to concerns by the US government that they would raise the price on defence contracts in lieu of competition.

2 Likes

Grubb will talk about a leaked Nintendo game that will lead to massive hype during his show today.

Which is not a good sign in my opinion. They didn’t point to a monopoly, they pointed to more ambiguous marketplace competition. This is troubling because some similar ambiguous argument could be made for gaming.

It was not an analytical argument, it was a conceptual one.

1 Like

I was paraphrasing pretty heavily. It was an analytical argument by the US gov though. Aerojet supplies 70% of all propulsion system components and 100% of all components necessary for producing ballistic missiles. This would give Lockheed a monopoly on producing ballistic systems, and likely a legal monopoly on producing propulsion systems. There is still a chance the acquisition will pass with concessions, since nothing is actually blocked yet.

1 Like

27 Likes

“You’re safe now.”

2 Likes

1 Like

damn at the Bill Cosby painting

2 Likes

Does Fallout 76 have crossplay between Xbox and PC?

1 Like

LOVE this!!!

1 Like
4 Likes

It definitely looks more polished but I just don’t get why it still has very visible aliasing. Aren’t their games usually rather clean and crisp and what not? Wonder what’s going on.