XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

Fable will be August-September 2024, which is the 20 year anniversary for the franchise

Just want xbox to produce an iconic character/world this gen.

3 Likes

I really don’t see the Japanese government allowing a Sony acquisition. They are the second most valuable company in the country.

2 Likes

Is Iron Lords really 6.5 hours???

1 Like

Yeah and it couldn’t fly, the US government would launch antitrust campaigns and likely force Apple to break up.

Apple already has a monopoly in large swaths for electronics, and music, both areas where Sony is heavily focused.

Looks like the Ukraine invasion is about to begin. Hope the GSC developers can get out safely

5 Likes

Yes. They have a shit ton of people on the podcast from Jez, Colt, Colin and many others from both sides. I will watch a little tonight and the rest tomorrow night. lol

5 Likes

Damn, i remember that game. It was pretty good too. It would work as fast paced fps with light rpg elements and platforming

New IP ? probably Avowed.

Idk probably an established world with an iconic character. Thinking Metroid, Zelda, etc that type of series.

I dont think xbox outside of the Chief and Halo has that (the combo Of Iconic IP and main character).

Frogwares the developer behind The Sinking City and Sherlock Holmes also have their headquarters in Kyiv :worried:

but they do now, they own Crash baby…jk

they have Doomguy and probably Senua and Joanna dark would join them this gen.

they gained iconic IPs Fallout and TES but these are RPGs games with you player as main character

1 Like

Why do I feel like Frogwares never gets a break?

1 Like

Yeah but want like new IP’s to do so. Wanna witness the birth of greatness lol.

Starfield has a great shot this year. Rare is always doing it so even though dev has had its struggles I bet on Everwild to be great.

Looks like it really was NetEase behind this. All nine members were poached from SEGA, damn.

3 Likes

Starfield is an rpg with a blank slate character which is not what Im referring to although it will definitely establish a world and lore.

Compulsion probably the best bet for what you’re looking for. Lots of these Xbox games are blank slate characters.

1 Like

We don’t have to be sad all the time!

1 Like

Yeah holy shit they poached so many senior members from the Yakuza series, its a damn shame. The series will be fine but damn i wish they wouldntve done that.

1 Like