XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

Does the game have anything “offensive” because it’s far from the first time I’ve seen a dev have trouble with ID@Xbox…?

Postal devs said ID@Xbox was denying them because “the game doesn’t fit their portfolio” so I wonder if that’s the case here?

Other than the most obnoxiously loud screaming/jump scares in any game iv ever seen, not that I know of

Not exaggerating on the loud noises btw, I watched a couple of streamers play it and the loud sounds it plays are genuinely painful

Perhaps a little company called Microsoft could help bankroll them :wink:

Perhaps try and clean it out with compressed air (turn it off first)

1 Like

I dunno then. Him saying “he tried everything” makes it sound like he kept getting rejected for a vague reason so he kept modifying the game for them to accept it, but kept getting denied. That’s how I read it anyway.

That’s not the first time. There are some indie games that got rejected. They tried to but IDXbox rejected it. I think they need to fix it.

Yeah its basically what Kakka said.

I wasn’t interested in that game specifically but there was another one awhile ago that was announced for Xbox, was gonna be on Game Pass and was even in a reel at one of the shows. Sometime later the Switch and PC version release while the Xbox version doesn’t. When asked about it they said the Xbox version was cancelled and they don’t know it it’ll happen in the future.

It was just a game about taking care of sled dogs. The most offensive thing in it is that they could die, but that’s an option that could be turned off.

There was this a few months back too and the dev said he was running into weird policies with Windows Store versions and whatnot

https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1485165541253959681

Yep thats been known for a long time which is awesome

I didn’t. lol. Found out earlier when I went on the wrestling news site I visit daily.

https://twitter.com/gamuzumi/status/1502504942103367682?s=20&t=TzNtsrpAOeI1EfeZo04pnw

I know it’s an “eroge” anime style but still. They publish Switch and PC. I don’t know why IDXbox doesn’t approve those games meanwhile Switch allowed their games on Switch. If Xbox still uses a censorship policy like PS4 then it sucks.

Finally pulled the trigger in the greatest shirt of all time

4 Likes

Everyone is going to bed around here and I’m ahead on all my reviews. So let’s stream some more God of War!

1 Like

I don’t get why a game would get turned down for Xbox. There are tons of shovels are games that get thrown on there all the time

It’s funny, because a lot of “Eroge” games found their way to Steam before Valve started being ok with adding 18+ content. Those games simply didn’t have the “naughty” stuff. Not sure why they couldn’t do the same for Xbox.

Early reactions for sonic 2 and are very positive and will have post credit scenes

1 Like

Free play days this time are

FarCry 6 and Lost Judgment.

That is a DAMN good free play days.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics (Part 7).