XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

Just got around to do a quick test with latest Alpha Insider Dashboard for downloads while a game is running on an Xbox Series.

• I loaded up Halo 5 while Forza Horizon 5 was downloading a 20.85 GB update. The download remained close to the previous rate, anywhere from 270 - 325 mbit/s.
  • The “Manage Queue” screen has the [Suspend My Game] button, selecting it jumped the download speeds to 450 - 525 mbit/sec.
  • Quick Resuming Halo 5 dropped download speeds to 200 - 225 mbit/s range.
  • Suspending game jumped it to 725 mbit/s then jumped again to 875 mbit/s for nearly 30 seconds before setting down to 500 mbit/s.

I think they set the background download limit to 200 - 225 mbit/s, at least that what I see on my 920 mbit/s connection. The old background limit was 30 - 50 mbit/s.

5 Likes

You have a 920 connection? Jeez I recently went up to 300 and thought that was overkill :rofl:

1 Like

Do Want Give It To Me GIF

2 Likes

It’s Gigabit, but because of my network overhead it maxes out at 920 mbit/s for downloads. Upload speed is a pathetic 35 mbit/s because greedy cable company runs on old COAX instead of upgrading to FIBER. It’s also why internet stability is lacking, as coax is very sensitive to noise on the line and rather difficult to isolate on the entire node.

To get faster speeds I’d need to upgrade my internal network with some 2.5, 5, or 10 GBit equipment. The tech enthusiast in me wants to, but the CableModem / Routers just aren’t there yet. Maybe in a year it’ll be more feasible. Though as of now, it would only raise the limit from 920 mbit/s to around 1100 mbit/s.

I really wish there was competition in my area. I’d even be happy with AT&T Fiber. I’m not holding my breath because they don’t even service my area, not even with rubbish DSL.

Some of these publishers sitting on goldmines but do nothing

A Dino Crisis in the RE Engine thats plays similarly to RE2/RE3R is such a no brainer

1 Like

Begging for Xbox to hit up Capcom and fund this for months

3 Likes

Time for that much needed summoning circle.

4 Likes

World Rugby Sport GIF by Rugby World Cup

3 Likes

I am signed up to “auto-purchase” $10 of Xbox store credit at the first of every month using my rewards points. This month it auto-purchased twice (so I got $20 of store credit). This happen to anyone else?

Yep was just checking this just now. Not like it matters to me much since I was gonna use it for BF anyway but it did happen.

Getting BF2042 for free thanks to these points.

OK, good to know. I just wanted to make sure the issue wasn’t specific to me.

Yep. Doesn’t matter at all. I am sitting on over 100K reward points. I just don’t cash in many at once since the Xbox store credits expire after 90 days.

yeah i’m sitting on 130,000 points and i was saving after using the previous 100,000 points on Black Ops:Cold War and i’m using it on BF2042 hopefully there is a Rewards Punch card but if there is not i’m still buying it since really the only games i’ll be playing in the fall are BF2042, GTA Trilogy, Halo Infinite and probably another game i’m forgetting

1 Like

I decided I needed to re-install Skyrim SE on my PC and get a stable modded version going before the Anniversary edition comes out and screws everyone’s modlists up. So, I am currently in the process of downloading 791 mods from Nexus. Thankfully, Wabbajack is doing it automatically. Just a few years ago the entire process was manual and it would literally take me a full week to get the game going.

File size: Skyrim SE ~ 12 gigs, Mods ~ 70 gigs

1 Like

Better than Nexus launcher?

I haven’t used Nexus launcher in a long time, so I’m not sure of its current capabilities. But Wabbajack automates literally everything - downloading mods, unzipping, editing ini files, etc.

It took me literally about 40 minutes from “I think I’ll set up Skyrim,” to having a working install.

The downside is it only works that way for heavily curated modlists. The curator does all the heavy lifting to make sure that the process works. Right now there are about 18 modlists for SE, along with some for LE, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3, and Fallout 4.

You can set up your own list in Wabbajack, but I have never tried it. I suspect it is a giant pain in the rear since the curators are always going on about how much work it is.

“Render Complete” always feels good to see.

6 Likes

Mr. Feige I don’t feel so good…

1 Like

I don’t think Marvel will be able to repeat the build up to Thanos like in the previous iteration.

1 Like

A lot of people felt that Endgame is a good point to hop off the Marvel bandwagon.

2 Likes

I hopped off after the first avengers. Was a pretty good peak and the only ones i have watched and liked since then were the 2 guardian of the galaxy movies

4 Likes