XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

Would you look at that, Returnals not nearly as popular (or as good) as some people would make it out to be

3 Likes

Iā€™ll play when it comes to Game Pass, itā€™s not getting my money.

How well did Returnal sell? I didnā€™t realize it wasnā€™t that popular, I thought it had a cool story. I hope it doesnā€™t put devsā€™ off of trying more trippy sci-fi stuff.

EA sneaky

E2VxLZtXoAYznR_

3 Likes

Like a hair under 600K as of Summer. Itā€™s a niche game so Iā€™m not sure why anyone expected it to win the popular vote or something like that lol.

Sony fanboys tried to make it seem bigger then what it is but I donā€™t think itā€™ll put devs off from making ambitious games like it.

1 Like

is this the first 3rd party game to use the new case?

Edit: just noticed the other two

2 Likes
7 Likes

I liked it and thought it was quite good, it was just too hard for me personally.

Around half a million I think.

The grey box with white writing looks far better than the others

1 Like

wtf i hate Master Chief now

6 Likes

Two very big Respawn devs (Apex Legends Design Director and Game Director respectively) leaving the same day, definitely weird. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if the whole shakeup happening right now has sumn to do with it. :thinking:

10 Likes
6 Likes

9 Likes

CrossfireX, itā€™s alive.

Could MP release this year after all? Hopefully a update on SP soon too, itā€™s been a good, good while.

Of course they donā€™t take a side. Imagining they boycott Activision Blizzard, but have Sony and Ubisoft in the audience. :matrick_emote:

Did Grubb say Avowed and HB2 at the VGAs?

The number was around 570K. So even at 600K, thatā€™s spotting them an extra 5% of sales, quite generous.

1 Like

Looks like Microsoft was trying to promote Xbox on national Television in the Clippers Vs Lakers game. Too bad ESPN switched it out for Suns Vs Warriors.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been seeing Xbox commercials when watching NFL or college football games, but that might be from YouTubeTV filling in their commercial slots with targeted ads. However, they didnā€™t have the yellow Ad Info box like those typically have, so Iā€™m going to guess they were national ads.