XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

lmfaoooooo

1 Like

It’s ridiculous but I kind of see the issue with the game’s name in the weird world of trade marks. The riduclous ones are for generic words like mafia and civilisation.

OH!

LOL

You remember the Skydrive to Onedrive, name change?

Because - wait for it - Sky TV filed a trademark case against it.

3 Likes

IP laws need major revamping in general

3 Likes

wow lmao

1 Like

It’s an obvious nod to the idiom “It takes two to tango”. How in the fuck can Take Two copyright that?

I can’t with these manchildren anymore, it’s so silly and disgustingly corporate at the same time. I can see their slimy ass lawyers wringing their hands in anticipation over the prospect of another meaningless effort in their pointless jobs serving their masters.

5 Likes

Why would they want them to change the name now? They should have waited until after game awards are done. It’s the closest Take Two will ever get to any of those…

2 Likes

Take2 have got super shitty this past year

Not sure if its new management or what but they’ve become a horrible company

The issue at the end of the day is the whole system because it kind of forces companies to do these ridiculous claims. A trade mark only entitles you to it, but if you don’t defend it then you run the risk of it getting revoked.

1 Like

IMO this is Take Two firing a shot to EA, Hazelight is only collateral damage. It wouldn’t be the first time.

Don’t get me started on “the system”… :wink:

2 Likes

I understand defending your trademark.

But, “It takes two” and “take-two” aren’t the same thing at all, it isn’t even a competing publisher, it’s just a game.

3 Likes
8 Likes

ummm what

2 Likes

Probably just a placeholder

I hope so . Thats fucking huge .

With that company I wouldn’t be shocked that they do all unique assets and the game is truly enormous.

5 Likes

My Sereis S:

5 Likes

That Take Two stuff is some petty bullshit for real.

Now I am not familiar with that kind of business and laws, but come on. That reminds me of Bethesda/Zenimax a few years ago. Don’t remember the exact details but it was something about the word Scrolls being used.

2 Likes