XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

At least they are not upside down like the PS-guys. :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t get this :giphy:

PS5 being kept upside down when horizontal in Sony’s own promotions

Hermen Hulst tweeted a vid where his was upside down, then deleted it and reuploaded it with the PS5 cut out. Sony also ran an ad with it upside down lol.

5 Likes

So the PS5’s design was confusing and weird even for Sony themselves but fans were keen on saying it was brilliant :phil_lmao:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Prog continues to be correct about Sony using Spider-Man as a bargaining chip for PlayStation.

:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That could be the thing Nick was talking about not very long ago.

1 Like

Ok, but where’s my Super Res MS?

1 Like

I feel like this is something y’all want to will into existence because nothing from MS indicated it’s a real thing so far.

1 Like

I am betting that we’ll see it in action next year in some form (Starfield or Forza Motorsport maybe?) or at the very least learn more about the plans of the Xbox technical team with it.

1 Like

no it didnt mentioned nothing about the games

1 Like

Super Res would be like DLSS? I thought super Res was thought to be a BC feature.

1 Like

It’s very much real.

5 Likes

i think we should forget about SM hitting xbox for next 10 years

1 Like

At least they’re advancing like how Nvidia does with their cards. With PS5, I’m starting to think it’s a case of “what you see is what you get.” Even the update feels more of unlocking things that should have been ready like NvMe slot. With Xbox, I wasn’t expecting FPS boost since I thought the standard power is what they meant.

1 Like

Xbox has so much future proofing that’s almost unbelievable, it’s what actually made me want to leave PC gaming behind.

My plan is to leave my PC for RTS games only.

2 Likes

I am not a tech guy like some other guys in here that know their stuff but from what I can tell it’s something like this yeah. Also it’s not a BC only feature.

Shakez posted some cool stuff about the tech if you want to learn more about it, that FH3 demonstration was really impressive!

To add some more tidbits:

"In an interview with Wccftech, Quantic Dream CEO David Cage pointed out that one of the biggest hardware advantages for the Xbox Series S and X consoles over the competition (chiefly, Sony’s PS5) could be in their shader cores, reportedly more suitable for Machine Learning tasks thanks to hardware extensions allowing for up to 49 TOPS for 8-bit integer operations and 97 TOPS for 4-bit integer operations.

That’s why our ears perked up when we’ve read the following comment from Andrew Goossen, Xbox Technical Fellow, in a new interview with Digital Foundry."

It’s an area of very active research for us, but I don’t really have anything more to say at this point.

4 Likes

It’s only a year into the new gen, but I really hope we’re gonna see this being utilized as soon as possible for devs. Sounds very interesting.

3 Likes