XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

Timed exclusives don’t benefit anyone. Its a bad business practice I hope goes away.

8 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

6 Likes

Genuinely, outside of fanboy list wars, what added value is there in timed exclusivity for consumers?

4 Likes

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

2 Likes

If Sony can continue doing that , DLC exclusive for a year and ease down with making full games timed exclusive I would be all for it. I don’t give a rat’s ass about CoD dlc being exclusive, please keep doing that Sony, haha.

2 Likes

Didn’t care about Black Ops Zoombie Mode… Not gonna care about this :joy:

Regarding timed exclusivity, I find it better for them to impede it from happening than trying to do it themselves.

Try to make these deals worthless in face of gamepass ones, so it can stop happening so frequently.

8 Likes

I agree, but Playstation will keep doing it till people will see it as the premium console where the majority of third party blockbuster games release first.

Look above. It’s just a marketing tool for PlayStation.

I agree with this but I would try to get games fully exclusive instead of timed. Stalker 2 is a good example. 3 months to me isn’t even worth paying for. Game Pass day one is great though. I would really try to extend this off for at least a year or better yet, make it a full permanent exclusive to Xbox as I think this game is going to be big.

Honestly, the added value for me personally is that I don’t have to wait to play the game. Who knows if Kena is releasing on Xbox and even if it does, it could be a year later. By then, I already moved on and have new games to play. A better example is Forspoken. I’m really interested in it and while I would prefer to play it on Series X, im simply not waiting two years to do so and that’s if Sony/SE don’t extend the timed exclusivity.

So it’s not about list wars or fanboy shit. It’s about wanting to play the game and not having to wait an extra year or two to do so. At least for me anyway.

1 Like

Broooooo LMFAOOO

@beastmode10

4 Likes

But that’s not an added value for you. If it wasn’t timed you’d get to play it on the system you prefer and noone would have to wait.

I’m with you on STALKER 2, that shit should be full exclusive, suits Xbox like a glove. 3 months is just silly for everyone.

6 Likes

:rofl:

The audacity!

I can visualize the headline in LATimes - These impoverished cash-strapped movie studios in India can’t afford to make their own logos. LOL

Some of these clowns running the larger movie studios need a good lawsuit. Earning in millions and still watching their pockets for some of the most basic things.

1 Like

Damn right! Posted that in the acquisiation thread but it suits the situation very well

9 Likes

Oof, this is a new level of petty

Gotta love the fact that you can even leave a review for something just made available to order today. And not possibly in any customers possession yet

1 Like

Wtf they don’t know what they’re doing coz the only true Agent will be the one from Rockstar & T2 knocking at their door lmao :rofl:

hitman GIF

2 Likes

True but the problem is that it isn’t available on the platform I prefer to play it on so the value is that I don’t have to wait to do so. PS4 was my primary last gen but I still bought the Xbox One ROTTR bundle because I wasn’t going to wait a year to do so.

Also, when it comes to Square Enix, who knows if Forspoken even releases on Xbox. In two years after release, they may not even bother so imagine waiting two years to play a game that you think you’re getting but then end up not getting at all. Look at FFVIIR.

So thinking about it, the value comes from knowing I can play it on the other console instead of waiting, wishing and hoping it gets ported years later.

In general, I would rather have a multi-platform game day one on Game Pass (like Pague Tale Requiem) then being a timed console exclusive. My thing is that I just don’t want to wait.

As for Stalker 2, it should be. Fits Xbox. I wonder if Microsoft tried to get a longer deal because seeing only 3 months is weird to me for what I believe will be one hell of a game.

Seeing Marcus Lehto’s new studio under EA makes me happy; it highlights that the sins of old EA are starting to wash away, and they’re heavily investing in themselves and not just relying on sports and BF. New studios, new IP, and rebooting classic franchises… good on you EA.

This message approved by @javycane.

11 Likes

Hmmm that was not the logo unveiled with the official first look from memory.

2 Likes

This logo is very different to the logo in the tweet.

2 Likes

Game Of Thrones Drinking GIF by Sky

2 Likes