XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

Handheld version of series S is much further away. They atleast need rDNA 4 equivalent so that power meets the 30 Watt criteria (complete system) at peak performance. It would require at least 3nm node

But if it is a completely different sku then sky is the limit with AI acceleration block

My estimate is 2024

Haha, you know, Iā€™ve a feeling Arise is very much worth it. I canā€™t deny Iā€™ve considered buying it as soon as I was done with Vesperia but thereā€™s so much in my backlog still too and not the smallest of games either. Titles like RDR2.

But thereā€™s just something really special about a good JRPG, I love the differences between a JRPG and WRPG. I saw that thereā€™s anime of Tales, I am in the mood to watch some now.

Because Iā€™m watching the end credits of Vesperia now, right before it leaves Game Pass too.

2 Likes

I think it is just Sony not sending enough digital. I wonder why MS is pushing Series S though. Probably it is cheap to produce? Or because it is purely digital? Though Series S might lose more money for MS than Series Xā€¦

1 Like

Remember this game guys? I posted screenshots of it a long while ago it is made by former CDPR & Techland Devs. You should keep an eye on it. We might have a banger here probably.

9 Likes

Looks cool , I hope Sony does not money hat it .

1 Like

Probably wonā€™t. There is a pattern regarding what Sony moneyhats.

Let me guess , Alan Wake 2 falls into that pattern ?

Alan Wake 2 has Epicā€™s backing no? Though Sony has some shares in Epic. I would not be surprised if it were to be time exclusive for Playstation. Just to rub in MS face like with Kotor.

OK hereā€™s my take.

Steam Deck is not meant to ā€œcompeteā€ against any existing paradigm because it intends to bolster and legitimise a whole new/nascent market ie handheld PCs. Gabe literally said he isnā€™t doing this to sell hundreds of millions of units although that would be great, but to create a new hardware category so that soon, other companies and manufacturers can take a jab at it in their own ways too. So following this, I donā€™t know why MS canā€™t create a ā€œWindows Deckā€ or ā€œGamepass Deckā€ with a decent comparable pc specs of the time it is released to market. That way, it isnā€™t a whole new console sku to account development for, instead just treat it as a pc that can scale back settings in ways PCs are already used to without needing explicit deep optimization. Microsoft already has experience with Surface, so why not extend that in the future to create a handheld pc just for gaming, and have a custom Windows version installed on it thatā€™s far more lightweight and aimed at gaming. They can pretty much have gamepass app as the default too if they wanted. I think thatā€™d be great.

3 Likes

SDG aka Sad Dad Games

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

2 Likes

Think this is a fair take.

1 Like

Forget who u was talking to previously about hdmi 2.1 receivers, but looks like there was a bit of stealth drop from Denon and Costco with a budget model. It has 3x 40gbps HDMI 2.1 inputs and is only around $450.

https://www.costco.com/denon-avr-s760h-7.2ch-8k-av-receiver.product.100774339.html

Gonna stop by today and see if they have at my local store.

2 Likes

If weā€™re doing deals, I just got $150 in MS credit for $127.50 from this Target page (probably US only): Game And Grub Gift Card $150 (email Delivery) : Target

Now that Iā€™ve verified that it works myself, I might grab another one!

Iā€™m not affiliated with this at all, let me know if I should remove it, mods.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t Apple TV come to Xbox first?

1 Like

The Batman movie had a test screening and there are plot leaks everywhere . I accidently got a glimpse of the ending .

angry the simpsons GIF

Wasnā€™t the screening for 3 hours or something lol?

1 Like

Thatā€™s a huge shame yeah.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing this movie after having read that according to test screenings people came out saying it felt like a horror movie at times, very dark. I can only say " letā€™s go" to that, sounds great.

3 Likes

yup . Its a full blown noir movie .

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what I saw, which actually got me intrigued because Batman is one of the best detectives out there and he is not all lurking in the shadows and fights etc.

2 Likes

yup . Its actually kinda funny that Batman is the "worldā€™s best detective " but we never got to see that aspect of him in any movies . :phil_lmao:

1 Like