XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

Saints Row reboot teased for Gamescom ONL. Looking forward to this. Saints Row 3 really encapsulated fun gameplay and I’d love to see the series get back to that again.

2 Likes

I played it when it was on GamePass. Played maybe for an hour but it too didn’t click with me.

Kinda like some card games I’ve heard good stuff about didn’t click but others did. Like slay the spire was alright for me but I wasn’tuch interested but monster train had me hooked

For me there are two distinct types of Rogue Likes, Progression rogue Likes and Pure rogue likes.

Hades would fall under the progression category where the game is designed to be too difficult to complete right out the gate. You essentially have to keep playing while getting stronger with each run until you’re able to finally break through. Similar games I’ve enjoyed in this category over the last couple of years would be Undermine and Rogue Legacy. I’m sure there are a bunch of others I’ve enjoyed but these are the two that came to mind.

The Pure category gives you the means to beat the game in any run, you just have to employ a bit of skill and luck finding the right items/gear while hoping RNG is kind to you. If you lose, everything is reset. I can’t think of any recent good ones off the top of my head, but there are a plethora of great older ones on Steam.

2 Likes

I like Hades a lot, but for me it’s not as good, or addicting as RIsk of Rain 2 was

2 Likes

Wonder what the chances of Dead Island 2 are.

I hope it’s like the first 2 games, and not over the top like the other Saints Row game

That’s… rough. Only 2 tracked Recompile playes on PSNProfiles

2 Likes

This Horse Riding :rofl:

Yeah, I dunno, that game seems to be stuck in perpetual development hell. I doubt the pandemic helped that at all.

Seems like Saints row will announce a new game at Gamescom

I liked the first two games a lot, and while the third Saints Row started jumping the shark a bit, the gameplay at least was just genuinely fun. Either way, I’m looking forward to seeing what direction they’re going to take the series.

1 Like

Saints row will always be one of my favourite franchises. The fun i had with all of them is great.

Lol anyone remember the Metal gear solid rip off mission in 4?

1 Like

It is an interesting exercise to compare some smaller games using this dashboard (I think it has over 5 millions ps users) and TrueAchievements (im not sure about how many users). For example, Dodgeball Academia has 100 owners on psnprofiles against 8300 users that unlocked at least one achievement on Xbox. However, somehow the only metric that matters is disc sales on UK lmao.

2 Likes

Not to mention when there’s more than one SKU of the game and we have to check each one of them :upside_down_face:

Cris Tales has 359 players on PS5 and 135 players on PS4, and the amount of players can’t be a single addition of those numbers because there are many who played both versions.

Meanwhile, there are 7,887 tracked Cris Tales players on TrueAchievements.

Oh, and PSNProfiles has almost 7x more registered users than TrueAchievements, which makes the numbers even more shocking:

• PSNProfiles: 4,311,653 users
  • TrueAchievements: 643,068 users
6 Likes

This proves for me the benefit of gamepass for these games, you can compare almost any, if not all, smaller titles and the number will favor Xbox. For example, Art of really has a staggering 24K players tracked on TA and Ommo almost 10K. I was thinking yesterday about this beast called Gamepass as I finished a Scarlet Nexus session, I browsed the gamepass tab and downloaded 3 games (including Recompile) that interestd me like in a matter of seconds. Gamepass changed the game for me, especially in Brazil (and you know that) that full game prices have been nothing, but inaccessible.

3 Likes

Yeah, with many different studios having worked on it.

Ah well, at least Dying Light 2 seems to be shaping up very well and that too had its problems.

He can’t do this to us :sob: :sob:

13 Likes

I wonder what his game might be.

Shower UX Tycoon

Just found out that some random korean game Ultra Age is skipping Xbox and only available on Switch/PS4/PC.

I think there will be more games like this as it seems like that is still aftershocks from PS4/Xbox One generation. With PS5/XboxSeries I think less games will skip Xbox.