XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

2 Things

• 10 more minutes till I get disappointed that no FPS Boost early in the morning

• Xbox REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to stop depending on Industry Events to reveal their games or to showcase stuff. I get saving 1-2 announcements for something like the TGA and such but after that we may literally have to wait 6 months for the next showcase.

1 Like

We got an avalanche of games coming, but it doesn’t hit until 2023. I prefer developers to continue to work on the games than try and put together demos 1.5-2 years before the games release.

1 Like

Nintendo and Sony can do this kind of stuff every year idk why xbox studios suddenly cant put up a minute or two trailer for a direct and thats it. Its not gonna impact or kill development.

You saw what Redfall looked like. You know we ain’t seeing Starfield before they ready to show it.

Cryiiiing

This was not the announcement I expected

The game is also fully engineered to take advantage of Xbox Series X|S hardware, you can enjoy glorious sci-fi visuals, 4K resolution at 60fps, advanced enemy ship destruction, higher quality volumetrics, and richer environmental effects.

2 Likes

Xbox has two games? Aight.

I mean, 2022 has Redfall, Starfield, and probably Forza Motorsport. Do you think the games beyond that are ready to show? If they are, it’s because they put a bunch of effort towards developing demos and vertical slices (like we’ll likely see of Hellblade).

We dont even need it to all be XGS content. We just saw Sony put up a SoP with like 4 first party announcements and half of them where cgi trailers and Nintendo is about to fill their Direct today with just updates to upcoming games and 1-2 new stuff.

You know you don’t want to see CG trailers, come on now.

I believe some launching before that could be for sure :wink: How about campaign for Halo Infinite?

And yes, a little bit of “wasted” dev time to produce something to show is worth it imho. In the grand scheme of several years of development, how much time is really lost on that? It’s negligable.

Waiting in silence for 4 years vs. getting a nice trailer or two and waiting 4 years and a month? Pfft

1 Like

But this is a nice surprise though, this thing was MIA almost this whole year!

By the way, did you try the tip I gave you for the resolution issue?

4 Likes

It got fixed yesterday after I rebooted twice but Ill use it the next time I run into it.

1 Like

I think once the pipeline of games is going in 2023 there will be no need to spend resources making demos because a few of the studios will always have something mature enough to show.

Best case IMO is shorten the announce to release cycle from 2+ years to 6-12 months (typical Bethesda style). No wasted effort, announce games with gameplay instead of CG, etc.

Looks good! Wish this was on Game Pass, but ah well. Surprising to see PS as well, thought this was a timed exclusive.

That will for sure be a thing later on. I don’t think we will stop seeing CGi reveal trailers though, Bethesda does them too btw (hello Redfall!), and there is nothing wrong with CGI.

But tell me a X021 event with Halo Infinite campaign deep dive as the main headliner wouldn’t be nice? Show something from Avowed (they were ready soon™), Reveal Compulsions game, Hellblade 2, 20 years celebration stuff etc etc.

1 Like

Love some high-speed dogfighting combat.

Hopefully it’s really as great as it looks.

I fr havent seen xbox do anything noteworthy to celebrate 20 years aside from launching Halo Infinite this year thanks to a “polishing delay”.

@Sikamikanico Nice video! Im excited I cant wait until release. I know they’re completely different games but some of the atmosphere in the game reminds me of Control in a way.

3 Likes

The whole symbiote thing is interesting too, did not see that coming!

1 Like