XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

I mean this is all speculation atm, so I don’t want to make judgments or anything of the sort, but I agree that the lead-up to launch does not scream at me that a delay of a couple of weeks is going to make a significant difference.

Yeah but a few hours before that he said he hadn’t heard of a delay…

https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1438100064577130498?s=20

Yeah you can stack them.

1 Like

I mean these news are probably coming in super hot and the whole thing only started today so it’s understandable.

If you want my guess its that they need a longer delay but EA want it out the door this year. So probably an internal thing. And Jeff Grubb got the info from somewhere (and he was certain) so I’d be a bit careful with taking anything Tom says as being all that reliable.

2 Likes

A few weeks delay is not gonna magically fix the game if it wasn’t ready for october. This could be a disaster in the making like BFV.

3 Likes

yeah tbh personally it’s kinda very unlikely this game is getting delayed to 2022, EA definitely wants this game out this year.

Not quite, it’s not uncommon to see games come together in their last stretch, maybe this delay could be something more server related or just some simple but critical bugs, who knows?

Well yes I’d say a few weeks delay is neither here nor there so late in the day and IF they delay it a few weeks and its still not polished at launch they’ve killed it. So better to delay longer. They have the perfect reason with Covid and I think this is the one year a big massive game like BF can be delayed to say March or April without huge fuss (EA might think otherwise though).

Complex isn’t it though as EA will obviously want it out but do they want it in COD’s slipstream - I’d suggest that’s more harmful than the game being a few months late with a more open window. In the current climate at least.

1 Like

lmfao those familiar with using Unreal can relate :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s good news then for those hoping Bethesda studios will stick to their strengths, which is story games , SP games.

There’s one comment there about how he wonders is MS will force them to add MP in the games. Lol I would say no, because that goes against creative freedom, nothing should be forced.

2 Likes

Could be that he hadn’t, then he made some inquiries and was told weeks, not months

Henderson is usually pretty on top of this stuff

Yeah. I asked him if FO76 was then made to stay afloat and someone replied less of trying to stay afloat and more of trying to appease some investors, namely Providence. No idea who that is, but they apparently might have had some blame in making Bethesda do these multiplayer projects that fucked up bad at launch. :grimacing:

It does make sense. Because it was always clear to me Todd Howard wasn’t in favour of a MP, he’s very much a SP guy. His answer in some interview when asked if there would ever be a time BGS released another online game he basically said they are all about SP.

And I’d like to believe that Bethesda as a whole was acquired to take on the complaint about not having enough SP games, bot just BGS but also the other studios. I find it amusing how there’s always one person that wonders if Xbox will force them to make MP games or modes. I guess it’s that hard to believe Xbox is in favour of creative freedom, lol.

5 Likes

Urrrhhgg this would be annoying. I have some friends more interested in BF than I am and it would probably steal them away from Halo a bit.

I’m not sure about the public reaction though, would people really pay full price for BF vs F2P Halo MP? Dunno.

Interesting for the team at Zenimax Online to hear lol

2 Likes

I wonder…

Could Deathloop, Redfall and Youngblood be games that were pushed that way too? The former has MP and the latter two have co-op.

Something that their previous games never had. Wolfenstein TNO and TNC were 100% singleplayer, and so were Dishonored 1 and 2, DotO and Prey. Not sure if Ghostwire has MP.

Redfall sure seems like it but not Deathloop.

Hmmm, possibly yeah.

This gives me some hope that some day we’ll see a sequel to the surprise hit that was Prey. I hope so much the team still has passion and motivation for it.

1 Like

Where we get this type of info? Official devs?