XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

if that’s true, then how did they let KOTOR time exclusivity slip? I think they need to re-evaluate that because I feel a good marvel game moves units

Lucasfilm is literally star wars and god forbid but Indy doesnt really move a needle like that with people.

Unpopular opinion: I don’t really want licensed IP. Superheroes are lame and I’d rather see new stories told. Even Indiana Jones is a bit whatever to me. How much of PlayStation’s brand is even their own as they continue down the Marvel rabbit hole?

This is why I’m not super hot on the potential of a WB acquisition. I can perceive the value for the platform to have Batman and LOTR, but it does nothing for me. Xbox shouldn’t and I don’t think will hitch their wagon to other company’s properties. It’s a poor long-term strategy.

1 Like

You’re not the only one. It made me really hate what they showed and did the same with my other friends. Way too long and way too disconnected from the content being shown.

I think that this should end the doom posting lol.

12 Likes

That’s gonna get passed around Twitter.

1 Like

Reply to Dring. Lol

So…

Xbox is not doomed, right?

1 Like

Of course not. Sony didn’t show us any trebuchet.

3 Likes

Not doomed but as of now we can pinpoint a reluctance to third party licensed stuff aside from a sea of thieves dlc.

waka flocka GIF

2 Likes

No. It would be nice to get a proper superhero like Batman though. Screw licenses, buy WB.

KOTOR hurts though. This moneyhatting bs from Sony is starting to get old. Do we know for how long, or is it as usual something Sony puts a gag order on? Wtf is up with that anyway? I sincerely dislike their methods.

3 Likes

I kindly disagree. Marvel has a relationship with Sony that clearly involves stuff like using Spider-Man in the MCU – hence Spider-Man being exclusive to the PS version of Square’s Avengers.

KOTOR was a letdown, but that’s basically it. On the green side there was Pirates of the Caribbean and in the future Indiana Jones.

Oh, and look at all the Minecraft collaborations – including Star Wars.

1 Like

Whats the Sony tie to Xmen and Marvel? There is none there.

1 Like

Adam Boyes. When he was in college he was close with someone who is now a higher up at Disney. Even tho he left Sony and Disney forge a close relationship.

What does Xmen have to do with this tho?

Surely business wise it would be best to get a license a superhero IP considering Superhero IP is booming with all the movies and games coming out.

They’re not, it’s why Football Manager 2021 and 2022 is on GamePass, right?

1 Like

Maybe Sony propose the idea and Disney was taking the deal. Looking at how Sony handles Spider-Man in comparison with the mess of Square Enix this could be a much better option to make money.

Yes, this. Just fucking say for how long, that’s all we ask.

1 Like