XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

State of Decay Studio Founder Jeff Strain Starts New Studio, Possibility Space - IGN

ā€œIf you look at the way they [Xbox] manage and deal with the studios theyā€™ve acquired over the past five years versus 10 years ago or 15 years ago, thereā€™s a profound difference,ā€ Strain said. ā€œThey do a good job of acknowledging that diversity of development cultures is a strength and not a weakness, and they support that and encourage that to the greatest degree that they can. Theyā€™ve done a good job of protecting the development cultures of all the development studios. And thatā€™s why, by and large, I think people are happy working there.ā€

3 Likes

Nice. Wasnā€™t undead also one of the few studios that are unionized or was that just the founderā€™s wish? Not able to remember properly.

He wrote an open letter recently on unionization to fight against the taboo nature of the topic as far as I know.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s the one I remember.

Either way Iā€™m not sure if unionization is in the interests of megacorporations so thatā€™s both games and vfx industry doomed to a degree. :sweat:

When music is this beautiful in a game it can sure hit me in the feels, love this!

1 Like

You should revive the game soundtrack OT. :smiley:

1 Like
3 Likes

I agree in regards to Valhalla, disagree with Odyssey but agree in regards to how amazing Ubisoft crafts their open worlds. Playing Far Cry 6. Looks stunning!!!

Yeah, Sony is definitely becoming Disney of consoles. lol. Iā€™m all in for Spider Man 2, Wolverine, KOTOR Remake and I would love a Star Wars Mandalorian game from Santa Monica Studio with Cory Barlog leading it. Oh man!!!

Iā€™m also looking forward to seeing the eventual Jedi Fallen Order 2 from Respawn/EA, Star Wars from Massive/Ubisoft and if Quantic Dream/Epic is working on one.

This is why Microsoft should acquire WB Games and ALL of DC. Problem solved!!! :joy:

Nice!!! Looking forward to reading/watching previews in a few weeks. Doubt that anyone is attending anything. Itā€™s most likely streamed via Parsec.

This is great news for those interested. Thus far, I have never ever been able to truly get into a From Software game to where I actually completed it.

@peter42O

If you watch the Dying Light 2 previews, just tell me if itā€™s good as I wonā€™t watch them to not spoil myself with new features or mechanics etc. Iā€™m pretty sure it will be a hit but would be good to just have another confirmation.

As for Elden Ring itā€™s my most anticipated game of 2022 with Dying Light 2 & Starfield.

Indeed not a game for everyone but if you like Miyazakiā€™s games you know what to expect. Itā€™s not difficult for the sake of difficulty but itā€™s challenging for the sense of accomplishment and when you succeed itā€™s deserved and the reward behind is worth it.

Youā€™re on your own. Itā€™s the type of game that wonā€™t hold your hand and treat you like a kid telling you everything. It respects your intelligence and let you figure it out by yourself, the devs know you can achieve the seemingly impossible things in their game.

If thereā€™s a network test you should give it a try plus you could always play it in coop to have friendly help in your adventure.

1 Like

Xbox Updated and knocked Odyssey off Quick Resume

Sigh

Okay, I will let you know if itā€™s good. Just stay out of the Dying Light 2 topic that I update from time to time in order to avoid more in-depth information and videos.

I would like to see From Software develop a straightforward game without ā€œhaving to reclaim my soulsā€ or whatever itā€™s called in Elden Ring. The constant doing stuff over just isnā€™t for me. Iā€™m sure it will score in the 90ā€™s or so and be a great game for those who love their games.

P.S. - Three days until we get new gameplay for Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad!!

2 Likes

Aeon Must Die! Coming from died to consoles today

1 Like

It works perfectly fine in countries where workers have rights.

2 Likes
5 Likes

If you donā€™t die you donā€™t have to reclaim it :rofl: but even if you die itā€™s not mandatory to reclaim it only if you lost too much XP and refuse to let it go lol.

I can assure you sometimes I lost over 40000 xp in a playthrough and maybe more in others you learn to live with it thatā€™s the way it is lol.

Tbh sorry to disappoint you but I donā€™t think Fromsoftware will make games like you said strictly straightforward cause itā€™s a deep and complex gameplay system loop really carefully balanced that really suits their games perfectly. Of course like you said these games arenā€™t for everyone.

Thanks for DL2 bud I count on you then for the spoilerfree impressions. :wink:

Also Iā€™m really looking forward to Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad. 2 potentially great games hopefully.

1 Like

One thing Im absolutely glad Ubi took away in Valhalla is their mercenary system. Absolutely neat concept but horrid implementation.

You be fighting a horde and suddenly 2 mercenaries arrive to ruin your day.

It was the equivalent of this every time it happens lol.

surprise threaten GIF

2 Likes

Nah fr lmao. One time I remember trying to clear a fort and like 3 of these dudes showed up at the same time.

1 Like

Man, Iā€™m not grooving with Visage at all.

I wanted a super spooky PT clone, but the controls and survival inventory system just get in the way of the spooks.

I want to be spooked, not hassle with inventory.

Iā€™ll give this another go, maybe I chose the wrong starting story.

1 Like

Sheeesh, straight for the jugular, nice. I canā€™t be waking up to this kinda bangers

1 Like